Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: July 05, 2011 08:43PM

Correction...it wasn't a bumper sticker. It was painted on the whole dam back of a van:

John 3:16
For God so loved the world...blah blah the whole scripture.

Are you living a life that will keep you from hell?

Visit Godnowdotcom to see if you are living the life God wants.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

And I thought FHE, Family Forever, and BYU bumper stickers (and CTR rings) were bad.

They even have a shop here that sells snazy preacher outfits. Picture something a snake oil salesman would buy.

One of my coworkers is on a bus right now to go with her church to a giant Baptist scripture competition in Mississippi. She could be the "Church Lady" from Saturday Night Live.

The further I get from Mormonism, the more I realize...Mormons are amateurs!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: apatheist ( )
Date: July 05, 2011 10:42PM

"John 3:16
For God so loved the world...blah blah the whole scripture."

A bumper sticker with the above written on it verbatim would be awesome. ;-)

Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: July 05, 2011 10:53PM

drewmeister Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "John 3:16
> For God so loved the world...blah blah the whole
> scripture."
>
> A bumper sticker with the above written on it
> verbatim would be awesome. ;-)

=================================================
Hey, go for it, man!

http://www.makestickers.com/

Free shipping within the US.

Posted by: Mrs. Estzerhaus ( )
Date: July 06, 2011 01:07AM

I once met an agnostic woman from Georga who worked in the scientific field. She was not the outspoken type. I don't think she was accustomed to speaking out about her feelings even though I tried to get her to talk about what it was like being a non believer in the Biblebelt. Dagny, I think you need to write a book. You could name it "The Bible belt for Dumbies". I think it would be sold all over the world!

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: July 06, 2011 01:40AM

I was surprised I was able to get in without a passport.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: July 06, 2011 05:30AM

John 3:16 the REVISED translation:

"For God so hated the world that he gave his only begotten son that whoever did NOT believe in him would perish and hot have everlasting life."

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: July 06, 2011 05:47AM

-- which is basically anything they don't like. Unlike Mormons though they will do in secret everything they won't agree with in public...

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: July 06, 2011 07:34AM

Living in Memphis and having lived in Alabama for 5 years during the 90s, makes me realize the same thing--mormons are ametures when it comes to warning their neighbors. I think it's because to evangelicals, God is not this loving surfer dude who comes down and wraps his arms around you and helps you find your lost car keys and bring little children's dead kitties back to life. To them, "Jesus Loves You" means he will pluck you out of the fiery pits of hell."

I mean, mormons wonder why people wouldn't want to be with their families for all eternity and be given title to their own planet. Evangelicals can't understand why anyone wants to burn in hell. And I think they are way more smug about the fact that they know they're saved than mormons are about knowing they're sealed forever. Mormons always have that doubt because they never know if they've done enough. Evangelicals are saved--end of story.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.