Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: July 05, 2011 10:34PM

I am going to sleep on it just in case I want to tweak it again before I send it off tomorrow.

It's kind of a weird feeling. I didn't think it would feel like this.

Like a roller coaster.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Wow! That's a lot of e's.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jan ( )
Date: July 05, 2011 10:51PM

For me, there was something really cathartic about revising my draft, making tiny, nonsensical changes. In the end, it was for me rather than for Kolobian, Korp; I doubt that anybody but Greg Dodge saw it (unless he has minions for that) and there is no reason for him to have read beyond, " This letter is to advise you of my resignation ...". But I wanted it to be perfect.

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: July 06, 2011 02:43AM

Congrats.....soon the weirdness will wear off and you will be free.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2011 02:43AM by honestone.

Posted by: Sandie ( )
Date: July 06, 2011 02:59AM

It is a weird feeling. It's kind of like leaving home for the first time. You know you can return, but ...

Posted by: tiptoes ( )
Date: July 06, 2011 02:05PM

How long has it been since you stopped believing Raptor?

I am supposedly days away from receiving my final letter from SL. Few issues about resigning the kids. Guess what? We received cookies last night from the leader who threatened me with excommunication! Completely dumbfounded. Cookies, really?

Date: July 06, 2011 02:12PM

I have been mentally "out" for a few years now. And there wasn't really much of a reason for me to resign, but now I have one.

I will either need to resign or be excommunicated. I don't personally would rather choose the former.

Posted by: tiptoes ( )
Date: July 06, 2011 07:01PM

I hope your resignation is processed smoothly. So what exactly are you writing in hopes of publishing? Still trying to get everyone straight in my head, forgive me for asking.

Posted by: onendagus ( )
Date: July 06, 2011 02:24PM

What do you mean the "Real One"? Your draft one was awesome. I printed it out, gave it to a couple of people and still laugh my guts out whenever I think about it.

Yo Dodge...magyk...BeDiapered...dragons...chainsaws

Can it get any better than that one?

I don't think so.

Date: July 06, 2011 02:31PM

It still has my personal "touch" to it. Let's just say that I'm not "resigning" so much as firing the church as if it were a terrible employee.

I'm including the "draft" one in the book. Don't worry about that. It's documented.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: July 06, 2011 07:05PM

Just askin'.

Date: July 06, 2011 07:13PM

Posted by: Inverso ( )
Date: July 06, 2011 08:00PM

Congrats and good luck.

Letting go of the envelope and watching it drop into the mailbox was when the weird feeling reached its peak for me, then it was all downhill.

Posted by: Anon. ( )
Date: July 06, 2011 08:18PM

...Although I'm from North Odgen, Utah, I was employed and living in Michigan when I submitted my resignation letter. It was hard enough informing my parents back in Utah. Of course, in this part of the country, the only ones who care would be the other 25,000 Mormons who are in Michigan. But in Logan, Utah, I know it's one thing to be non-LDS; it's quite another thing to be an "apostate". I wish you the best.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.