Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: FreeRose ( )
Date: July 06, 2011 01:14PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2011 01:14PM by FreeRose.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: July 06, 2011 01:16PM

The classes are broken up by "districts" and the districts are boken up by who is going where. Sister missionaries attend classes with the district that they are in.

They live in seperate bunkers, though.

Posted by: my2cents ( )
Date: July 06, 2011 01:23PM

All of the general initiation stuff was done in SLC at the old "Mission Home" for a week. Then the english speaking missionaries left for their missions, the foreign language missionaries were went to the MTC (LTM at that time) to learn their language.

Missionaries were then divided into districts, but the MTC was only for language training. As I recall, there were about 10-12 missionaries in my district, 2 were female, all going through the intensive language training classes.

As for any lusting going on, it was for the co-eds on campus, not the sister missionaries.

Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: July 06, 2011 02:57PM

Oh, contraire!!! We had five sisters in my district in the MTC (back then in Rexburg), and three were hot HOT. I mean HOT!

Just sayin'...

Ron

Posted by: dthenonreligious ( )
Date: July 06, 2011 04:19PM

There were a couple females out in the Mish and the MTC, that were smoking hot.

Hell, I gotta see one the sisters boobies.

Posted by: my2cents ( )
Date: July 06, 2011 09:20PM

I just knew the "cream of the crop" were sent to Rexburg... We must have gotten the leftovers in Provo.

Posted by: kimball ( )
Date: July 06, 2011 02:55PM

They're co-ed. There were 8 elders and 3 sisters in my district in 2001. In fact, we had two male teachers and one female, and she was pretty hot.

Funny story, one elder in my district had a girlfriend who was a couple of years older that him, and was waiting for him... by going on a mission at the same time. Yeah, she was in the MTC too, and the rest of us learned about her quick enough, and to recognize her on sight. Some of the funnest times were when we spotted her in the cafeteria and decide to all go sit by her. The poor guy had to follow and would just sit at the table silent and red-faced while the rest of us made small-talk with his girlfriend. Good times.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2011 02:56PM by kimball.

Posted by: Inverso ( )
Date: July 06, 2011 03:47PM

I had lust in my heart for my MTC companion. No women necessary ;-)

Date: July 06, 2011 05:02PM

I just got an image in my mind of the "tree of life." We all showered naked at the same time in a circle around a vertical pipe with spouts sticking out in different directions. Are the "trees of life" still there? There's nothing like showering in full-frontal view of 7 other guys to remove inhibition. I never thought about how that would be for a homosexual. Tell me of your experiences.

A few times, to help wake us up, we did "fire and ice," where every other spout was turned to max hot and max cold, alternating. Then we would walk around in a big circle.

I think the sisters have individualize shower compartments at the Provo MTC.

Posted by: FreeRose ( )
Date: July 06, 2011 05:42PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2011 05:43PM by FreeRose.

Posted by: dthenonreligious ( )
Date: July 06, 2011 06:09PM

When I was at the MTC in December of 2004, yes they were still there. However there was construction of seperate shower stalls, going on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2011 06:28PM by dthenonreligious.

Date: July 06, 2011 06:21PM

That was close to the same time the cafeteria got an overhaul and the food quality got stepped up about 5 notches (I was working in the MTC cafeteria as a BYU student at the time. Rumor has it an apostle decided he wanted to eat what the missionaries were eating, then went back to Salt Lake and demanded an overhaul). I wonder if he checked out the showers too, or if the homosexuality debacle had mostly to do with it. Good timeline info, though. There was also a strain of athlete's foot going around, or so I heard, that had mutated and become indigenous to the MTC. There may have been a lot of health concerns going on at the time.

Posted by: robertb ( )
Date: July 06, 2011 11:41PM

dthenonreligious Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When I was at the MTC in December of 2004, yes
> they were still there. However there was
> construction of seperate shower stalls, going on.

I believe they were called the Spencer W. Kimball Memorial Showers.

Date: July 06, 2011 06:37PM

Our Lord and Saviour RaptorJesus wrote an awesome article about this on his blog on May 3rd of this year. I don't think I can post the link, but go look it up.

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: July 06, 2011 07:30PM

Posted by: Inverso ( )
Date: July 06, 2011 07:21PM

If you're trying to not get outed, then communal showers are horrifying places. But I was in a native Spanish-speaker district in a nearly abandoned dorm area so there was plenty of privacy.

We were all ordered not to go "pray" in the janitorial closets on each floor. Apparently people were getting overcome by cleaning product vapors that made them inadvertently gratify themselves. I bet those are locked now.

Posted by: Holy the Ghost ( )
Date: July 06, 2011 04:54PM

Ours were segregated.
We had a culture class together, but the regular classes were separate.

Posted by: Comfortably Numb ( )
Date: July 06, 2011 05:53PM

We had 2 sisters in my MTC district back in 1988 and 9 other guys. Both of the ladies were 'sweet spririts' as the guys would say. Lust wasn't an issue with them for sure. However, after several months in the mission field, the sister missionaries got better looking as the months went by.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.