Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: March 18, 2021 07:06PM

The USA has agreed to send 1.5M COVID vaccines to Canada.

We thought it was a lock for us to get sufficient numbers of vaccines for our population as our PM announced at the beginning of this pandemic nightmare that he had signed plenty of agreements with vaccine producers. Well, they produced. But did not deliver. Or not nearly as big a supply as we need and thought the PM had procured.

Only 5.1% of our population has received at least one dose (but two are needed to complete the process, as you know). To vaccinate as many people as possible asap health authorities are choosing to expand the wait time between the necessary two doses to four months (instead of the recommended 4+ weeks). I'm not comfortable with that because that is not what the vaccine manufacturers recommend but hopefully the decision-makers here know what they're doing.

In comparison, the US has fully vaccinated over 10% of its population. So you're way ahead of us.

We've only just finished vaccinating all citizens over the age of 80 who want a vaccine (as far as I understand). Then they're working downwards according to age, but higher-risk and front-line workers who haven't yet been vaccinated go first regardless of age, which seems like a good plan.

Even with the 1.5M from USA my turn isn't coming up til maybe summer. It will be great to feel free again and get out and about much more. The health folks are listing a few of the things they can open up as more people are vaccinated. For instance, campgrounds are going to be available this year. People are ecstatic about that. And families can visit each other if the elders have been vaccinated, still with precautions though.

My sister lives in MN. I have been agonizing over not seeing her for so long. Because. Border. Waiting impatiently for our countries to get back to being able to visit back and forth.

BC where I live is only getting about 33K from the US supply. But it will go right to frontliners so yay for that.

Thanks, America! It's great to have good neighbours.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: March 18, 2021 07:15PM

Nightingale Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks, America! It's great to have good
> neighbours.

We're really happy with our northern neighbors, too!

Thank you, Nightingale!

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: March 18, 2021 07:17PM

We're all in this together. No one's safe until the world has herd immunity and the rate of variant evolution and propagation falls precipitously.

And of course we want to make sure everyone gets a microchip.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: March 18, 2021 07:38PM

Lot's Wife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And of course we want to make sure everyone gets a
> microchip.

:D

Date: March 18, 2021 07:42PM

You should get two, Tevai, just in case.

Posted by: The "Uncertain Times" Fiend ( )
Date: March 18, 2021 07:47PM

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: March 19, 2021 07:52PM

Does Johnny Depp have herd immunity?

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: March 18, 2021 07:51PM

No trouble.

Posted by: stillanon ( )
Date: March 18, 2021 09:40PM

Yet you still won't let us travel to your country( maybe if we came bearing gifts from Pfizer)?

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: March 18, 2021 10:56PM

That's due to having only 5% of the population vaccinated. With open borders we're sitting ducks. Essential workers have access. Also anyone who wants to quarantine. As far as I know. Things do keep changing. Sorry. Don't mean to be unfriendly.

Date: March 18, 2021 11:02PM

I, for one, think Canada is correct. Until the US proves it is serious about COVID, Americans should be subjected to typical third-world restraints. Once the US house is in order, remove the quarantine rules.

If the opposite had happened, if the US had increased the COVID pandemic in Canada, it would have been bad for Canada and for the US since the infection in variant forms may well have returned from the north.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 19, 2021 08:40AM

I think it's great that you will be getting greater supplies of vaccines. Adding the Johnson & Johnson to the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines has helped greatly in the U.S. Things are starting to speed up here. The goal is to open vaccinations to everyone here by May 1st at the latest.

Posted by: kentish ( )
Date: March 19, 2021 11:23AM

We had our second shot more than three weeks ago. Neither my wife or me had any noticeable side effects. This past Wednesday my wife was sick in bed all day with chills, fever, and body aches. Buy the next day she was pretty much okay. Can side effects be delayed that long?

Date: March 19, 2021 04:43PM

No idea.

But I wanted to say I'm jealous I haven't been able to get my shots yet.

No, EOD, not the dog shots.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: March 19, 2021 04:53PM

You only come across as rabid ...

Date: March 19, 2021 04:59PM

IKR?

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: March 19, 2021 05:01PM

You need to pent, so that you can repent.

Rerepenting will always be an option!

Date: March 19, 2021 05:27PM

Lot sometimes tries to keep me pent, then he calls for medical assistance.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 19, 2021 05:26PM

>>Can side effects be delayed that long?

I don't think so. The major side effects should be gone within 48 hours. You wife may have had some minor sort of virus or a touch of the flu.

Posted by: Mother Who Knows ( )
Date: March 21, 2021 05:44AM

You're very welcome--you would have done the same for us.

Kentish, yes, reactions can be delayed. My reaction to the first dose was delayed for 10 days, when I had a headache, fever, and chills that lasted only 3 hours (I never get a fever or headaches).

My reaction to the second shot was absolutely average, 6 hours of headache and fever and sleepiness, and gone in 48 hours. No sore arm or body aches, ever.

Everyone is different....

If it had been a flu or cold, your wife would have been sick for much longer.

BTW, what kind of newsletter does Caffiend read, anyway?

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: March 19, 2021 07:01PM

Nightingale, this is wonderful. :)

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: March 19, 2021 11:14PM

Utah. I get my second shot on April 2nd. I'm glad the U.S. was able to share.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: March 19, 2021 11:20PM

The microchip will only receive NPR, not CBC, and you will have an irresistible urge to buy Microsoft products.

These are not major problems. However, if you listen to the Mamas and Papas “Monday, Monday” three time within a 12 minute window, it will disable the chip. Steve Wozniak and Taylor Swift engineered this back door into the system.

Pass it on.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: March 19, 2021 11:20PM

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: March 19, 2021 11:41PM

"In the broadest of brush strokes, there was good news for the U.S. this week on at least two fronts, and very little for Europe to celebrate.

With respect to Covid-19, the U.S. continues to ramp up the pace that Americans are being vaccinated - now averaging 3 million a day. And that level is likely to rise further as more vaccines become available. With the new emphasis on vaccinations rather than social distancing and business closures, most evidence points to the economy getting stronger by the day."

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.