Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Lilith ( )
Date: October 29, 2010 11:51PM

The New Husband sent his name removal request letter to member records in SLC. He received the Greg Dodge letter telling him to pursue this at the local level and that they had forwarded it to them. What did we do wrong and what do we do now? We used the letter suggested here on the board.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: October 30, 2010 12:03AM

That is standard Morg operating procedure. At this time you have several options:

1. Send another letter to Greg Dodge pointing out that since he received your letter, you are already no longer members of his cult, and therefore, do not recognize the authority of any local "ecclesiastical leaders", and to promptly send confirmation of your resignation or face the adverse consequences of [fill in your favorite].

2. Send similar letter to your local bishop.

3. Wait for local leader to contact you, then tell him that yes, you do indeed wish to get out of his cult and to process the paperwork forthwith.

4.Relax and do nothing - you are already out of the cult. Enjoy life and wait for the local Morgbot yokels to play their own games with the paperwork.


Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: October 30, 2010 12:15PM

you're out. Go celebrate.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: mav ( )
Date: October 30, 2010 05:42PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: mick ( )
Date: October 30, 2010 12:06AM

I live in Canada and I got the same response. They said that they forwarded it to the local authority. They also said that I would be contacted by them soon. I didn't wait for them to contact me, I took the initiative. I sent another copy of my letter the the local church authority. A couple of weeks later I got a letter stating that I was no longer a member.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: October 30, 2010 01:13AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: October 30, 2010 08:59AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: October 30, 2010 09:08AM

You can contact the locals and tell them to get on with it or call Greg Dodge and let him know you don't want locals visiting you. Or you can sit back and see what happens. Hopefully, they'll process the resignation and will complete the paperwork within a couple of months.

If not, call SLC and complain or threaten as you see fit.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Concrete Zipper ( )
Date: October 30, 2010 09:26AM

Did he request name removal or did he resign?

"Name removal" is some church euphemism and they can handle it or ignore it as they please. It is better to state that you are resigning your membership.

Get the fax number for confidential records and have your Husband send a true resignation letter, if that's not what he did before.

The fax number is handy in any case: the squeaky wheel gets the grease, so fax early and fax often.


Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
 **        **    **  ********  **    **  ******** 
 **        ***   **     **     ***   **  **    ** 
 **        ****  **     **     ****  **      **   
 **        ** ** **     **     ** ** **     **    
 **        **  ****     **     **  ****    **     
 **        **   ***     **     **   ***    **     
 ********  **    **     **     **    **    **