Date: March 29, 2021 02:08PM
@CrispingPin I don't know if the survey has any highlights. The questions are pretty banal. Because I'm a nice person, I typed them up for you.
Stylistically, even the appearance of the forms reminds me of the IRS. The return address says it's from the Correlation Research Division-5th Floor.
The main thing I found interesting is that out of 77 questions, there was only one (#36) to indicate whether you actually considered yourself to be a member of the church. And question #37 is odd since this is a survey of "Church Members". Question #66 is the only other question I found interesting.
Some of these are fill in the blank, but most give multiple choice answers (which I'm not going to type out, because I'm not a masochist).
Questions (CAPS are from the original):
1. How many people currently live in this house or apartment (including yourself)?
2. How are you related to the householder?
RACE OR ETHNICITY
3. What is your race or ethnicity?
4. What is the highest degree or level of schooling you have COMPLETED?
5. Are you currently enrolled in school?
6. What is your current employment status?
7. When did you last work, even for a few days?
8. IF CURRENTLY EMPLOYED with or without pay: Answer 9-12....
9. LAST WEEK, where did you do most of your work for pay?
10. During the PAST 12 MONTHS, in the WEEKS WORKED, how many hours per week did you usually work each week?
11. What kind of work do you do at your current job?
12. What are your most important activities or duties at work?
13. Have you or anyone in your household lost employment income since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic?
14. How adequate is your current HOUSEHOLD income in meeting your basic needs and obligations?
15. Are you financially better off now than you were 1 year ago (in 2020), or are you financially worse off?
16. Do you have a long-lasting physical, mental, or emotional condition that limits your activities?
17. IF YES: Does this condition(s) seriously limit you in any of the following ways?
18. What is your current marital status?
19. How many times have you been married (including your current marriage)?
20. IF YOU HAVE EVER BEEN MARRIED: Answer questions 21-25 about your FIRST marriage...
21. What was the date of your FIRST wedding?
22. Was your spouse a member of the Church at the time of your FIRST marriage?
23. What type of wedding was your FIRST wedding?
24. Do you currently live with your FIRST spouse?
25. How did your FIRST marriage end?
26. IF YOU WERE DIVORCED OR WIDOWED: Answer questions 27-28 about the end of your FIRST marriage.
27. When did your FIRST marriage end? Or, when did your FIRST spouse die?
28. Did you ever remarry after your FIRST marriage ended?
CURRENT OR MOST RECENT MARRIAGE
29. IF YOU HAVE BEEN MARRIED MORE THAN ONCE: Answer questions 30-35 about your most recent marriage. This may be your current marriage.
30. What was the date of your MOST RECENT wedding?
31. Was your spouse a member of the Church at the time of your MOST RECENT wedding?
32. What type of wedding was this?
33. Do you currently live with this spouse?
34. How did your MOST RECENT marriage end?
35. When did your MOST RECENT MARRIAGE end? Or, when did your MOST RECENT SPOUSE die?
36. What religion do you consider yourself to be?
37. Were you ever baptized into The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints?
38. BEFORE The COVID-19 PANDEMIC, how often did you attend Sunday religious services for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints?
39. How often do you currently attend Sunday religious services or participate in church at home for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints?
40. Do you currently have a ministering assignment?
41. Other than serving as a ministering brother or sister, do you have a ward or branch calling?
42. IF YES: What is your CURRENT principal calling in the ward or branch?
43. Do you have a stake calling?
44. IF YES: What is your CURRENT principal calling in the stake?
45. DURING THE PAST 12 MONTHS, did you pay any tithing in the Church?
46. Have you received your endowment in a temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints?
47. Do you have a current temple recommend?
48. DURING THE PAST 12 MONTHS, did you do any temple work (baptisms, initiatories, endowments, or sealings)?
FAMILY HISTORY WORK
49. DURING THE PAST 12 MONTHS, which of the following family history activities have you done?
50. Have you ever served a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints?
51. IF YES: How many missions have you served?
52. Did you serve a mission for the Church as a young single adult under age 30?
53. IF YES OR CURRENTLY SERVING: What type(s) of mission(s) did you serve as a young single adult under age 30?
54. Did you serve a mission for the Church as an adult age 30 or older?
55. Did you serve a mission as an adult age 30 or older with a spouse?
56. IF YES OR CURRENTLY-SERVING: What type(s) of mission(s) did you serve as an adult age 30 or older?
57. Are you planning to serve a proselyting, service, Church-service, or other mission for the Church in the future?
58. DURING THE PAST 12 MONTHS, which of the following missionary activities have you done?
RELIGION AT HOME
59. DURING THE PAST 6 MONTHS, how often did you pray by yourself?
60. DURING THE PAST 6 MONTHS, how often did you study (or read or listen to) the scriptures by yourself?
61. IF YOU LIVE WITH OTHER PEOPLE: Answer questions 62-65...
62. DURING THE PAST 6 MONTHS, how often did you pray with others in your household?
63. DURING THE PAST 6 MONTHS, how often did you study (or read or listen to) the scriptures with others in your household?
64. DURING THE PAST 6 MONTHS, how often did you participate in family home evening with others in your household?
65. DURING THE PAST 6 MONTHS, how often did you have unplanned gospel discussions with others in your household?
66. How true are the following statements for you.
*Statements below, each to be rated on a scale of "Not at all true of me" to "Totally true of me"*
- My relationship with the Lord is an important part of my life.
- The Holy Ghost is an important influence in my life.
- I love God with all my heart.
- I am willing to do whatever the Lord wants me to do.
- Without religious faith, the rest of my life would not have much meaning.
67. How important to you are your personal religious beliefs?
*Rated from 0 "Not Important" to 10 "Very Important"
68. WHEN YOU WERE AGE 16. Please answer the following questions about when you were age 16 (a sophomore or junior in high school).
69. Were you an active member of the Church when you were age 16?
70. What parents or parental figures did you usually live with when you were age 16?
71. What was the marital status of the parents you usually lived with when you were age 16?
72. Were the parents you lived with when you were age 16 active members of the Church?
CARE OF GRANDCHILDREN
73. Do you have any of your own grandchildren or step-grandchildren under age 18 living in this house or apartment?
74. Are you currently responsible for most of the basic needs of any of the grandchildren or step-grandchildren under the age of 18 who live in this house or apartment?
75. Do you currently provide unpaid assistance to someone who needs help taking care of themselves because of a DISABILITY, ILLNESS, or OLD AGE? (Do not count help given as part of a paid job).
76. How often do you spend time caring for someone because of DISABILITY, ILLNESS, or OLD AGE?
77. How is this person related to you?
*The subsequent 20 pages are to fill out similar info for other members of the household. I'm not typing all that out... you get the idea.*
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2021 02:10PM by lonerangeronatapir.