Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: July 07, 2011 12:52AM

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!!!

Literally:
"They are so clear and so simple, and you always have your hand," Sister Oaks said.
http://sezogrady.blogspot.com/2011/07/5-point-testimony.html

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: MollieNomore ( )
Date: July 07, 2011 01:02AM

Let the Brainwashing Begin!!

Its amazing how well they can parrot back what we want them to say with these visual memory cues! Of course, these children won't be learning anything REAL or valuable or legitimate.. God forbid we teach children any thinking skills!

I have a bit of vomit in my throat from reading this. I am more and more grateful to be away from the nonsense!

Posted by: The Man in Black ( )
Date: July 07, 2011 01:30AM

I have two special relationships in my life. Right and Left.

The right hand didn't know what the left hand was doing. Things kind of got out of hand. I tried to handle it but I couldn't grasp that Right had been underhanded by the handy work of Left.

The right hand offends me. What should I do about this relationship Judge Judy? Should I choose the right? I hope right prevails. It's now in God's hands.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: July 07, 2011 01:31AM

Posted by: Sandie ( )
Date: July 07, 2011 10:58AM

Posted by: Gorspel Dacktrin ( )
Date: July 07, 2011 01:41AM

And my friends wonder why I'm so reluctant to tell non-Mormons that I ever had any connection with Mormonism.

So it's not enough to have to buy and wear church-approved underwear. Now they have to make kids put on brainwashing gloves.

Yeah, you always do have your hand. And that pretty much sums up Mormonism in a nutshell. Put on your gloves children, because this whole Mormon religion thing is going to be one long, long session of religious masturbation from here until the bitter end. Nothing real about it. Just fantasy and false promises.

Maybe if Joseph Smith had focused more on his hand and his Holy Ghost Glove, he wouldn't have come up with polygamy and they would have an easier time selling this mentally challenged religious product to people.

Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: July 07, 2011 01:46AM

Date: July 07, 2011 01:48AM

your glove off by yourself. And you have to use the glove.

"'You have to be a participant,' Sister Oaks said of the glove and sharing a testimony, adding that the glove is not just something nice to look at."

I'm glad she cleared that up.

Date: July 07, 2011 01:57AM

"She has also used the concept when she has spoken at single adult conferences. The gloves have also been given to missionaries and mission presidents."

I'm sure they will find the gloves to be very, uh, hand-y. These priesthood holders can put pictures of potential converts on the fingers, such as those future investigators featured in the Swimsuit edition of Sports Illustrated, for inspiration. It's a great way to pump up testimonies that may be getting limp through neglect.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: July 07, 2011 08:08AM

I like the part about how the "five points of a testimony" are being taught to children. They are being TAUGHT that they KNOW the church is true etc.

Notice that they have a thorough indoctrination program at work which just shows that they can't depend on God or the Holy Ghost to give anyone a testimony, it has to be drummed into everyone form infancy.

Posted by: karin ( )
Date: July 07, 2011 10:12AM

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: July 07, 2011 11:37AM

http://latterdaysnark.blogspot.com/2008/11/testimony-glove.html
"Makes me want to pray for us to be saved from cutesiness, you know?"

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: July 07, 2011 11:44AM

And in this case, all you have is your hand to remind you of the key talking points. Testimony? No, it's a testimonial and a mantra.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.