Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: July 07, 2011 10:56AM

I used to hear about the "Adamic" language a lot when I was a Mormon, that it is the language of God, Adam, animals, the "pure" language, etc. The Adamic language is the language from which all the languages of the world are descended as mere corruptions of that pure language.

Looks like Smith must have gotten that idea from John Dee, a practitioner of Enochian magic. Dee made use of seers or scryers in the 16th century to talk with angels in the Enochian language and he produced a number of texts in this language. It's also called "Adamical."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enochian

"According to Dee's journals,[3] Angelical was supposed to have been the language God used to create the world, and which was later used by Adam to speak with God and the angels, and to name all things in existence. After his Fall from Paradise, Adam lost the language and constructed a form of proto-Hebrew based upon his vague memory of Angelical. This proto-Hebrew, then, was the universal human language until the time of the Confusion of Tongues at the Tower of Babel. After this, all the various human languages were developed, including an even more modified Hebrew (which we know as "Biblical Hebrew"). From the time of Adam to the time of Dee and Kelley, Angelical was hidden from humans with the single exception of the patriarch Enoch who, according to the angels, recorded the "Book of Loagaeth" (Speech From God) for humanity. The book was then lost again in the Deluge of Noah."

The article also says that the idea of an "Angelic" or antediluvian language was common in those days.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jospeh Adamson ( )
Date: July 10, 2011 06:46PM

Hello... folks... Joseph and the Adamic language is very misunderstood..through hand-me-down blurbs and anecdotal ref...research shows that the Adamic was used in the Temple in the last 2 years of his death... in song,prophecy, and speaking in tongues,and translated and written down... in it's most simple form which is ritualistic...and then from there in to 3 or 4 more levels depending upon the spiritual nature of the person attempting it's use... and then into a visual unspoken form that is most accurate... and is used to translate things like Bible scripture, which is in many places garbled and in error, and such things as the Book of Abraham...I have translated from this position for years.. and constantly find my work later in unrelated works and writings of different persuasions that confirm unknowingly the work I have done...Your probable skepticism is understood and accepted.... I have nothing to gain and nothing to prove... but if you do your own research on the subject... you will find enough hints to start your own trip...
The Adamic was used almost exclusively in the Anointed Quorum and here is the hint; the Church doesn't want to process.... The Anointed Quorum was above not of the Church... the Word Anointed is from the Greek...and will translate back from the word Christos.. the anointed...the Christ... and in this case those who are anointed little c Christs which are to be the Quorum of 144,000 mentioned in the book of Revelations...Yes in Joseph's own testimony all on the net somewhat scattered but with ref and sources...If anyone is interested in this research for their own edification...drop me a line with your comments, ideas and questions, opinions OK too... Not to worry I have no and need no, and want no followers...the opposite is true... the Anointed Quorum and the information found in the search opens one to "Face to Face with the Savior" comments made by Joseph and one Finds one's self Face to Face With the Lord...graduated from the earthly Priesthood which brought you this far and Jesus your only Head... Amen or Ahmen as you would have it and your are Free in deed...In deed the Women of the Quorum held the Priesthood equally with the Men and ministered accordingly..they too attained the "touch of Christ which set them Free..". Josephadamsson@yahoo.com

Posted by: LOL ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 10:56AM

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Posted by: EssexExMo ( )
Date: July 07, 2011 11:20AM

If you accept the old nonsense of a worldwide flood and the tower of babel, then the rest flows from that

no need to link him to anything about John Dee or the enochian language nonsense

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: July 07, 2011 11:20AM

From the Masonic Legend of Enoch
http://www.phoenixmasonry.org/the_symbolism_of_freemasonry.htm

"This series of legends commences with the patriarch Enoch, who is supposed to have been the first consecrator of the Stone of Foundation. The legend of Enoch is so interesting and important in masonic science as to excuse something more than a brief reference to the incidents which it details.

The legend in full is as follows: Enoch, under the inspiration of the Most High, and in obedience to the instructions which he had received in a vision, built a temple under ground on Mount Moriah, and dedicated it to God. His son, Methuselah, constructed the building, although he was not acquainted with his father's motives for the erection. This temple consisted of nine vaults, situated perpendicularly beneath each other, and communicating by apertures left in each vault.

Enoch then caused a triangular plate of gold to be made, each side of which was a cubit long; he enriched it with the most precious stones, and encrusted the plate upon a stone of agate of the same form. On the plate he engraved the true name of God, or the tetragrammaton, and placing it on a cubical stone, known thereafter as the Stone of Foundation, he deposited the whole within the lowest arch."

Gold plates in a stone box, anyone?

Another Enochian link to check out:
http://johnpratt.com/items/docs/lds/meridian/2001/enoch_cal.html

Posted by: Thread Killer ( )
Date: July 10, 2011 07:57PM

"Mount Moriah"? Nice name--sorta like Moroni, Mormon, Mahonri, Morianton, Moron, Moronihah...?

Posted by: kookoo4kokaubeam ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 10:14AM

The Adamic Language is being written off as LDS Folklore. Move along... move along....

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.