Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: InCognito2 ( )
Date: May 07, 2021 12:28PM

It is an ugly dirty filthy practice that must be punished severely.
And the only way to be properly punished is to be married and have lots and lots of children.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tea Wrecks ( )
Date: May 07, 2021 01:03PM

It's only dirty and filthy if it's being done correctly.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: May 07, 2021 01:05PM

Tea Wrecks Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's only dirty and filthy if it's being done
> correctly.
otherwise it serves no useful purpose

Posted by: Zelf the apostate ( )
Date: May 07, 2021 01:29PM

If it wasn't dirty and filthy.... I probably wouldn't do it.

By banning it, the church just makes it more attractive.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 07, 2021 01:37PM

The mormon church has nothing against sex, dirty or pristine.  Just ask anyone whom circumstances favored in the lovely game of Bishop Roulette.

It's just another useful control mechanism.

Posted by: InCognito2 ( )
Date: May 07, 2021 01:49PM

Also in my church married couples are allowed to keep 10% of their earnings they just send me the remaining 90%.In this way they aren't burdened with tithing.

Posted by: sparklyicecream ( )
Date: May 11, 2021 03:38AM

Being a bishop must be so much fun. My experiences with bishop roulette have led me to two angry ex boyfriends, raging depression and extensive therapy. :)

Posted by: moehoward ( )
Date: May 11, 2021 03:10PM

I like the term "Bishop roulette". My first experience was at 12 and becoming a "Deacon" and meeting privately with the Bishop. He started lecturing me, which had me confused until I realized he was talking about masturbation. It honestly scared me. Do you think my mother asked about what we talked about? No and I would have never mentioned it to my father as he would have punched out the Bishop. Unsupervised visits with a 12 year old? Wow

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: May 11, 2021 04:26PM

12 year old: Wow, that’s a thing? I had no idea. I’ll have to see if it works.

They tell you how to do it, tell you not to do it, then guilt you for doing it. It’s almost like they mess with your head on purpose.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: May 11, 2021 06:27PM

sex in ziller's church ~

is viewed from that there key hole ~

bishop's interview ~

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: May 11, 2021 10:48PM

What is sex doing in your church?
°
°
°
AND, how do you get it out?

Sex is a window into your LIFE.

Mormonism is a Peeping Tom.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: May 12, 2021 01:49PM

The church is both fascinated and horrified by sex. Sex is at the base of almost all they teach. Yes, have sex and lots of it, but only with your "eternal companion." That's acceptable, even by some mainstream people and other churches. "The Brethren" really react badly to sex they don't agree with. Premarital sex is next only to murder in seriousness. Masturbation is next only to murder in seriousness. Extra-marital affairs are next only to murder in seriousness. Oral sex was so bad that travelling "Brethren" would sometimes hold special, secret firesides with adults in the ward or stake, just to pass the word that they found oral sex repugnant.

But there was money in some of it: A girl who became pregnant "out of wedlock," as they say, was faced with giving up the baby to LDS Social Services, who would "find a home for the baby with a good LDS family," or would face probably excommunication. If she didn't comply with that, or even worse, gave it up to a generic adoption agency, the girl faced excommunication. Was it because the church charged an alleged $40,000 per child? Yeah, I think probably.*

*People alleged long ago that the LDS church was essentially just selling children, rather than running a proper adoption program. Free money. According to SLTrib article a couple of years ago, the church had received so much flak, that they had agreed to no longer sell babies, and had quit or would quit the adoption scheme entirely. I have no idea if they actually did it. Does anyone have any newer information?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2021 01:50PM by cludgie.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: May 12, 2021 01:53PM

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: May 12, 2021 06:56PM

Not at all-
Can't even see it.

Screw it!

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 12, 2021 08:27PM

... on a laptop, in a basement closet ...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.