Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: FreeRose ( )
Date: May 11, 2021 04:41PM

Sooo, I went thru as a single convert in prob '79 or '80. I know they dropped the creepy touching and throat slashing (shivers). Has the ceremony changed again recently? The circle stuff and veil stuff still there? Guess they have to keep some weirdo things to make it "sacred." Lol

Also, what percentage of members have left TSCC?

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 11, 2021 05:53PM

Here's the link to 2019 article by Jana Riess on some of the then-recent changes that she thought were important:

https://religionnews.com/2019/01/03/major-changes-to-mormon-temple-ceremony-especially-for-women/

Basically, the church seems to be trying to morph into a female-sensitive 21st-century organization, skipping the 20th Century entirely!

Date: May 12, 2021 02:51AM

Wow. Thanks for that link. It looks like women in TSCC are being treated with slightly more respect. And the changes to those AWFUL, HIDEOUS garments have improved much, at least those still stuck in the maze can have a little dignity, if you call garments dignified. Glad Im out for sure. Such a controlling money machine.

Posted by: tractingcookies ( )
Date: May 11, 2021 08:48PM

Throat slashing and disbowlement never was a gesture of good will or happiness.
“My spelling is off, just gesture slashing your throat and all of that, and after you have promised to cut your belly open and have your guts splashed, go and get married, and eat at Chuck-O-Rama”

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: May 12, 2021 04:55AM

With the right fake blood and guts, an old set of temple clothes would make an awesome Halloween costume.

Posted by: tractingcookies ( )
Date: May 12, 2021 02:32AM

Charles Nelson Reilly is elderolddog in cognito.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 12, 2021 04:32AM

Being in or out of cognito makes no diffy to me!

Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: May 13, 2021 08:31PM

Ceremony is milktoast. Not as exciting and creepy like the good ol days.

Date: May 14, 2021 11:33AM

LOL. Well, exciting no. But creepy yes. Only went through 3 times. Resented the old guy at the veil huffing when I didnt know my "lines". And resented them asking for money for laundering my weido costume. Didnt TSCC get enough from me already? Three endowments and one sealing.. DONE! And the guy doing sealings wouldnt clasp hands until the last second. Didnt want to be attached to HER for eternity. LOL Such nonsense!

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: May 15, 2021 03:58AM

Yeah, its funny... They used to have to keep the sacred [secret] things to make it seem "wierdo".

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.