Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: May 13, 2021 09:58AM

My wife likes to invite sister missionaries over since all our daughters went on missions. It is pleasant and I love it when they ask me questions. Their responses are always good. I don't believe. I don't think Mormonism is true. I think it is a sexist patriarchy etc. etc. etc.

Last night we gave them dinner and a few interesting things happened.

One - one of the them started eating without a prayer and was chided by the others.

Two - they didn't leave us with a message.

Three - they were all a buzz about a change in leadership coming. A new STLL was going to be chosen.

I knew what a STL was.

https://yakimamission.wordpress.com/2018/02/15/sister-training-leader-specialized-training/

I had no idea what a STLL was. Apparently, it isn't in all missions and it is the female equivalent to an AP.

You are welcome for this insider knowledge.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: May 13, 2021 11:45AM

LOL
See the important things you learn that way? How else would we get insider knowledge like that!

Date: May 13, 2021 11:53AM

IKR!

Crazy how radical an idea of true equality is in our world.

Somehow the war of the sexes and racial tensions will never make us the wise species we think we are.

But we have come a long way...

https://www.aaaa.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/1968_VirginiaSlims_533-1-217x300.jpg

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: May 13, 2021 01:43PM

One - one of the them started eating without a prayer and was chided by the others.

Two - they didn't leave us with a message.

Wow!

#2 would land you in a big trouble during my mission.

Date: May 14, 2021 01:38PM

IKR! I had companions who abusively chastised me for not "feeling" like I needed to leave a message with members when we talked about church things. Like I was some robot/home/visiting/ministering "friend" that HAS to leave something.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2021 01:39PM by Elder Berry.

Date: May 14, 2021 01:40PM

Update: Found out one of my daughters was a STLL on her mission. Now it makes sense. They created a new mission and she served half her time in the new one and was a part of setting things up. She went over there as a leader. Duh!

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 14, 2021 02:57PM

Wow! From which parent did she inherit those rare STLL genes?

Date: May 14, 2021 05:15PM

My wife.

Posted by: heartbroken ( )
Date: May 14, 2021 03:31PM

There were no leadership positions for sister missionaries when I was on my mission. The highest we could go was senior companion or greenie trainer.

Sisters were not permitted to work in the mission home like the elders. I was really envious of the elders who spent the day in the office instead of tracting. Totally unfair.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: May 14, 2021 05:32PM

If these young women pursue careers, they will hopefully get fully onboard with the notion of female equality. I remember around 1980 that my team leader was told she would not get a desired promotion (for which she was absolutely qualified and the best candidate,) because she was the wrong sex. We've come a long way since then, but there is nothing like participating in the workforce to wake you up.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.