Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Waren Jeffs ( )
Date: September 18, 2021 07:07AM

When you were a Mormon devoted to keeping the rules to have your temple recommend valid to enter Mormon temples,you eschewed tea and cappucinos.Now you can enjoy it to whatever degree you want.

Is that the greatest benefit of being an exmormon?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: loislane ( )
Date: September 18, 2021 08:00AM

Actually, I quit the Mormon church because I was bored out of my mind.

When I discovered all the things they didn't want me to discover, I was relieved, because now I didn't have to be bored. I had a good reason not to do this anymore.

But really, it was the endless hours of mind-numbing soul-sucking inanities that got me wanting out.

I was ex'd in the olden days, when you had to go through a "court of love" if you wanted out.

If they still did it that way they would be having "Courts of love" 24/7 and still have a long waiting list.

But I don't drink tea or cappucinos, so that isn't a plus, at least not for me.

I became addicted to coffee, so there's that.

The benefit for me is I can live honestly.

The drawback is loss of community, which I never managed to find elsewhere.

But I do okay with being alone.

Posted by: moehoward ( )
Date: September 18, 2021 08:40AM

"Actually, I quit the Mormon church because I was bored out of my mind."

I can identify with this line. Dumb parties, same things said every Sunday and the crying during testimony.

Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: September 19, 2021 10:34AM

I agree. When you learn thsy you will never be attending the following courses:

Becoming a God class
World building 101,193, and 334
How to make a volcano mountain range in less than 10k years, Making a star - advanced tactics
Earthquakes - maximum change with few casualties
How to treat your 10,000 spirit wife like your first wife

All joking aside Ol Joe made it all up so church was a complete waste of time and no reward fir following the culty plan.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: September 18, 2021 11:12AM

I think the best part of being out of the church is doing whatever you please. You are free to pursue your interests without the controlling nature and harsh judgments of the church and its members. You are free to think for yourself.

Posted by: dds ( )
Date: September 18, 2021 02:41PM

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: September 18, 2021 03:13PM

And beer and single malt scotch too

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: September 19, 2021 12:12PM

I never had guilt about either one!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is nobody's business what beverage I consume!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2021 01:38PM by thedesertrat1.

Posted by: Happy_Heretic ( )
Date: September 19, 2021 01:10PM

No. Leaving Mormonism meant that there was good justification to leave its epistemically inconsistent and incoherent belief system in the dust. For me, the best part of rejecting Mormonism was finding and adopting an internally and externally consistent and coherent system of proof and logic which requires DOUBT as a foundation, and allows tentative belief only when unable to prove something false (also falsifiable) fails.

This system, for me has left me with a renewed curiosity and sense of freedom. NO assertion will simply be accepted at face value. All propositions are subject to my final judgement. My brain is the ultimate arbiter of truth, and I no longer subjugate it to anyone else. As Ayn Rand once wrote, "thinking men can not be ruled." (I am aware of Rand's many philosophical and personal weaknesses. I just need to attribute the brilliant quote correctly. She wasn't wrong on everything.)

"To learn who rules over you, just realize who you are not allowed to criticize."- Unknown. I am free to criticize everyone, and every idea without guilt, shame, or care. I have no ruler.

IN short... my mind is my own. I have taken full responsibility for it, and have unshackled it from the chains of Mormon belief system. Favorite part about leaving the cult in the dust.

Coffee is just an added small bonus.

HH =)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.