Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Regulargal ( )
Date: July 10, 2011 05:23PM

I knew a gal in my old ward who wouldn't take her garments off for aerobics class. She said she used to not wear them for exercise class but got in a car accident once after aerobics and decided it was because she wasn't wearing her garments.

So while the rest of us, even TBMers, are exercising in appropriate exercise clothing, she's sweating and sticking with her garments on.

Ewwwww!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: July 10, 2011 06:58PM

All those stories you hear about how that underwear supposedly protects you, etc.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: July 10, 2011 07:04PM

Someone was killed, but the part of his body covered by his garments had not completely rotted in the water, so this proved the garments had worked, apparently.

Posted by: Regulargal ( )
Date: July 10, 2011 07:16PM

rofl.....

Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 09:30AM

Posted by: m ( )
Date: July 10, 2011 07:06PM

In a testiphony meeting a convert in the mission field related ( teary eyed) how he had bent over his desk in a hurry to pick up something and in doing so he impaled himself on one of the letter stands with the pointy sharp end. Not sure of the correct name but you poke a letter-invoice - whatever over the point and push down and stack them up.
Anyway he went on about how his life was saved by his under Armour becasue after he felt the sharp point that must have gone into his chest, upon examination,miraculously there was no hole or blood.

The Church is Troo!

Posted by: jeebusinasidecar ( )
Date: July 10, 2011 08:36PM

The device of which you speak is called a memo spike.

Posted by: loveskids ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 02:16AM

Thanks for a good laugh m.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: July 10, 2011 07:42PM

How abt a 'Detracter' story?

Back in the day....
I was (GASP) in a Frat @ Ricks (Lamda Delta Sigma, OF COURSE!)

Our president was Terry Hartley, he was an RM (mid-60s)

he drove a VW bug, had a new wife, who (of course) was Preggers.

someone...apparently negligently... did a Left turn in front of him WHILE WEARING HIS Gs. He was KILLED.

Ohhs & Ahhhs all over the place; No One could figure why/how that could happen!

go figure.

Posted by: Thread Killer ( )
Date: July 10, 2011 07:48PM

When I was growing up, something that got impaled and DIDN'T bleed was cause for concern; let's hope that guy didn't get tetanus.

P.S. I can't remember what those letter impalers are called either.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: July 10, 2011 10:44PM

Thread Killer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When I was growing up, something that got impaled
> and DIDN'T bleed was cause for concern; let's hope
> that guy didn't get tetanus.
>
> P.S. I can't remember what those letter impalers
> are called either.

Bill spike. Unless, of course, Bill is wearing garmies.

Posted by: searching27 ( )
Date: July 10, 2011 07:50PM

I babysat once for an LDS couple. A bit of ward royalty in our area in Oregon (because he was on TV) *sigh*

Anyway one night while driving me home he was talking about his mission and how he and his companion were walking home and stopped by a convenience store, during their time there the store was robbed, his companion tried to intervene and was shot in the leg.
However magically when the police and ambulance arrived the hole in the leg of his suit was just a hole and no bullet wound was found.... can you guess where he was shot??? Yeah you got it right in the leg where his garments were covering hmmmmmmmmm I found it hard to believe even as a 16 year old.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: July 10, 2011 08:12PM

Posted by: searching27 ( )
Date: July 10, 2011 08:13PM

lol
+ infinity :)

Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: July 10, 2011 08:20PM

Posted by: caedmon ( )
Date: July 10, 2011 08:52PM

A TBM friend told me this story about her FIL who was a mission president in some central american country.

He and a minion were killed in a plane crash. But lo, miraculously their bodies were not visibly damaged allowing their families to hold open casket funerals.

Seriously. This is what she said.

Posted by: bezoar ( )
Date: July 10, 2011 09:26PM

A gay guy I know in Salt Lake was at Liberty Park. He met another gay guy there and they seemed to hit it off. They decided they wanted to get more "intimate." So the guy he met suggested they go to his van.

They got in the van and started removing clothing. The guy I know hadn't seen garments before. He thought they were odd, but proceeded to try to take them off the guy. And the guy freaked out!!! His holy garments were never to be removed all the way from the body! So they proceeded to "get it on" with the guy's garments around his ankle.

This story is wrong in so many ways! Two strangers having sex in the back of a van in a public place is horrible in itself. But the Mormon guy refusing to completely remove his garments while having gay sex is unbelievable!

I guess the whole "protection" thing worked, though. As far as I know neither one of them got an STD.

Posted by: T-Bone ( )
Date: July 10, 2011 10:20PM

When I was a kid, the Viet Nam was was just winding down. There were stories of a guy who had a bullet come right up to his chest, stop in mid-air, and roll down his body, only to burn a hole through his uniform right below his garment line. It left a scar on his leg.

But he lived to tell the tale of how garments stop bullets in mid-air.

Posted by: pioneer stock ( )
Date: July 10, 2011 11:25PM

Had a RM niece in North Africa in Peace Corps. Had lots of bed bugs. She says never had a bite under her garments, but every other part got bitten often.

It's a faith building story within the family. GO figure.

Posted by: Alexis ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 01:53AM

I would've ordered or had specially made several pairs of the really old-style garmies that wnt from ankle to nekc to wrist. That still would've left head and feet unprotected unless the garmy makers could've rigged up somethng covering those parts, too. Maybe the temple hats and veils and those shoe things?

Posted by: Athena ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 01:57AM

I had a bedbug problem last year. They're gone now - thankfully - but they never bit me under my clothes. Whatever was covered was protected. They bit the exposed skin. My ankles and forearms were covered with bites.

Finally - something garments might actually protect you from!

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 02:14AM

When I was fourteen, my father walked around the house in his garments. The sight of him in those dirty, translucent rags disgusted me. You could see his ass crack and his hairy junk right through the threadbare cloth! I swore I would never wear such offensive clothing, and I never did.

Posted by: Rod ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 11:33AM

I had the same experience. Nothing like eating a meal with Dad walking through the house showing us his stuff. Those were the days of the one-piecer's. Yikes.

Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 06:44AM

My most favorite was Paul Dunn's whole platoon getting offed or wounded and he only got the heel of his boot shot off. Then, he retracted it all and went to play first base for the St. Louis Cardinals.

Ron

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 08:27AM

Yes, Ron, but whenever he played whilst wearing his garments, the ball NEVER went anywhere near his bat! Striiiiike!!!!!

Posted by: unworthy ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 10:16AM

When I was a young man growing up in a town in Idaho. our neighbor worked for the railroad. One day he was killed when a railcar jumped the tracks and landed on him. When they came and took his wife and family to see him in the morgue,,she was told he was only crushed where the garments didn't cover him. The son told me later that his dad looked like hamburger. He had been crushed and ripped apart. The garments were shredded and ground into his body.

Posted by: Rod ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 11:31AM

SP who boldly and proudly told the story of how when he was out chain-sawing one day, he was saved by his G's. I remember in Stake Conference, he tearfully exclaimed that the branch he was sawing suddenly gave way and the chain saw came down on his leg. His leg was only superficially cut just below the garment line, whereas his jeans were shreded in one 20 inch section along the pant leg. If not for his G's, he would have "amputated" his leg. We all listened, and were so filled with the spirit at the miraculous "physical and spiritual properties" of the sacred and holy temple garmets.

Now Fast-forward, one year from this his talk in Stake Conference. I was a Ward Mission Leader, and the Elders in my ward (the mishes) tracted out this HOT!!! looking 30 year old woman. She bought it hook, line, and sinker, was baptized, and became an immediate success story, whom they asked to speak in Stake Conference. Everybody loved her. Her husband was a rich business man, who would have nothing to do with the church. Well the same SP began to interview her, uh, a lot, and slowly but surely the G's became less of a spiritual protection for him. They began an affair. He would boink her as much as possible, in his SP office, at her home (when her hubby was gone), hotels, etc. Apparently the G's did not protect him from the devil in the form of a pretty brunette. He was later found out, because one of the mishes who baptized her, saw him leaving her house...etc.

His story of the chain saw lost credibility for me.

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 11:36AM

I know very little about him, and the only story I have is one that was passed down by my grandmother. She wrote in the notes of one of her genealogy sheets that he got caught in some barbed wire and he wasn't injured where he was wearing his garments.

That's all I know about the man. That he was protected from barbed wire by his underwear.

Posted by: foundoubt ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 01:30PM

John Huntsman has said that his garments protected him from fire when he was younger. I don't have the story right off the top of my head, but I believe it was a boating accident and fire. Yep, the garmies from god protected him, not the double layer of clothing.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 01:43PM

I can't wait for the press to get that story to liven up his bid for the presidential nomination.

Ana

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.