Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BethatWork ( )
Date: November 30, 2021 02:15PM

"“Young men must be respectable and responsible to inspire young women to be secure with feminine goals of homemaking and having children,” he told the crowd. “Every effort must be made not to recruit women into engineering, but rather to recruit and demand more of men who become engineers. Ditto for med school, and the law, and every trade,” he said."

SNIP

"Our independent women are more medicated, meddlesome, and quarrelsome than women need to be. Without connections to eternity delivered through their family, such women gain their meaning through their seeming participation in the global project."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/boise-state-professor-keep-women-142212395.html

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: November 30, 2021 02:23PM

WOW! I'm a male engineer. I'll have to share this with all my female engineering coworkers. I'm sure they'll quit and rush home to get pregnant and make donuts ASAP.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: November 30, 2021 02:34PM

Don't be standing too close when you "reveal" this to them!!

Date: November 30, 2021 02:45PM

"...A political-science professor..."

Ah, yes, the science of politics, where truth is whatever you want it to be or need it to be.

Thank ghawd for this field's ability to find and prove political facts by which we can all live in peace, prosperity, and harmony.

I wonder how many of his wife's friends are oh'ing and ah'ing her luck in landing this marvelous creature.  It must be hard for her to keep from bragging at RS.

Does he have daughters?  Imagine her/them bringing home a boyfriend for dad to meet.  But once he/they passed the interview, think of all the fun he/they could have ordering the daughter(s) around!

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: November 30, 2021 02:29PM

I nominate Professor Yenor for the office of king of Greater Idaho.

Date: November 30, 2021 02:45PM

I wonder if he's angling for a job at BYU-Rickitty?

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: November 30, 2021 04:29PM

More likely angling for the University of Bedrock.

This guy is prehistoric.

Date: November 30, 2021 04:33PM

. . . now I'm jealous . . .

nice one!

Date: November 30, 2021 04:36PM

Your ego has been reduced to Rubble?

Date: November 30, 2021 04:45PM

You've reached bedrock!  

If you keep digging you'll just chip your long, sharp nails...

Posted by: kentish ( )
Date: November 30, 2021 04:03PM

LW I think that title is already taken the proliferation of apartment blocks have become King of Greater Idaho where the slogan seems to be Growth at Any Cost Over the Quality of Life.

Date: November 30, 2021 04:16PM

I'll trust your judgment on that. But it seems to me that a slate of Yenor for King and Bundy for Heir Apparent would embody the spirit of the nascent monarchy quite nicely.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: November 30, 2021 03:25PM

He should change his name to Bruce.

Date: November 30, 2021 04:17PM

I see what you did there!

Posted by: ookami ( )
Date: November 30, 2021 03:45PM

Wow, Yenor has a serious case of HUA (Head Up Ass).

Of course, I didn't really buy into the whole "women should stay home and have babies" bullshit him and the Mormons preach, even as a TBM.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: December 01, 2021 04:41AM

The old out of touch church leaders would tell the women to get married and have kids and not to let a career get in the way but many ward bishops gave opposite advice. My parents encouraged my sisters to get a degree before getting married.

Date: December 01, 2021 05:13AM

He kinda reminds me of Reed Benson who was one of my religion instructors at BYU.

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: November 30, 2021 03:50PM

He worked for Lt. Gov Janice McGeachin. She is is a female. She was out of the home and not making babies. Do we see a problem here?

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: November 30, 2021 03:51PM

Wow. Once in awhile we make a trip to a Mennonite market in a neighboring country here in TN. In a corner of the market is a small kiosk with pamphlets. I picked one up and took it home. It was entitled, "Why Women Should not be Educated." Craziness is not just in Mormonism. The backlash as a result of this Idaho professor should be significant.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: November 30, 2021 03:55PM

My first thought was that the quote had to be taken wildly out of context. I followed the link, and that does not appear to be the case.

I am without words. Even 50 years ago, a statement like his would have stuck out like a sore thumb.

Date: November 30, 2021 04:04PM

"He's got a sore thumb up his ass!!"

--Judic West, addressing the issue of a Type C male trying to explain why he can't get laid.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: November 30, 2021 04:07PM

Its always about size when it comes to what sticks out.

Date: November 30, 2021 04:13PM

"Is that Moroni on a spire or is the church just happy to see me?"

--Mae West, in her response to a fan letter from Rusty Nelson, when he was 15.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: November 30, 2021 04:47PM

Or two sore thumbs:
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/temples/details/manti-utah-temple

Some have six sore thumbs, but this being a pg-13 web site, I will avoid the hyperphallic. Looking at you, DC, SLC, San Diego. ;)

Date: November 30, 2021 04:51PM

Holy Shizz!

Mormonism is hyperphallic, in its origin, course and destination!!

Posted by: Henry B. Eyeroll ( )
Date: November 30, 2021 04:56PM

He writes a lot of similar BS for oily rags like The Daily Signal (Heritage Foundation). He also appeared on Tugger Carlson's show once. He's fully tenured, so nothing will happen to him.

He's not a mormon. Bachelor's from UW Eau Claire and PhD from Loyola Chicago. His 2011 book was published by Baylor. His wife is a Lutheran.

The Boise State poli sci dept appears to have 16 profs, 4 of whom are women.

https://www.boisestate.edu/sps-politicalscience/faculty/

Although his views are stupid and atrocious, this kind of public blowup is only giving him undeserved attention, which is what he wants, and also the most he can hope for. He can't affect policy or long-term demographic trends. He might as well be teaching a class called Pissing Into the Wind 101.

This kind of reminds me of Oaks giving that speech where he blathered that gays shouldn't have jobs in entertainment, media, or any area where they could have an influence. No one cared, it made zero difference, and this will have the same outcome.

His wife has a career. She's the Events Director at a private Xtian school in Meridian, and once worked for Target.

https://theambroseschool.org/about/staff2/administrative/

Fun fact: one of their kids is named Biscuit.

https://lcwarriors.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/travis-yenor/3609

Date: November 30, 2021 05:05PM

>
> Fun fact: one of their
> kids is named Biscuit.
>

Well, I'm sure that kid's life is going to be all gravy.

Date: December 01, 2021 05:21AM

Exactly. Just have a good laugh because this joker is not with any kind of reality. He might look into moving to Saudi Arabia. He would fit in better there.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: November 30, 2021 04:59PM

They could copy his qoute for future yw manuals for 50 years to come.

Date: December 01, 2021 05:22AM

The Boise Idaho mission need to have the missionaries pay him a visit. He’s a possible golden contact.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: December 01, 2021 05:13AM

Somewhere in Idaho, a village is in search of its lost idiot.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: December 04, 2021 01:43AM

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: December 01, 2021 10:48AM

It's just a performance. As with many things today I don't believe people have the conviction of their words. They are just looking for press/sound bites to make money. Fleecing the sheep.

Posted by: blindguy ( )
Date: December 04, 2021 10:05AM

Susan I/S Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's just a performance. As with many things
> today I don't believe people have the conviction
> of their words. They are just looking for
> press/sound bites to make money. Fleecing the
> sheep.

I wish that were true. Unfortunately, I think there is more to this phenomenon than some joker professor in Idaho.

Back in 2010, the late Phyllis Schlafly (she was in her early 90s then) was part of a panel on immigration on Diane Rehm's NPR talk show. During her segment, Mrs. Schlafly commented that she thought that white women should be having more babies to counteract the growing immigration and births among dark-skinned people.

What Mrs. Schlafly, this professor, and a lot of other people (I wonder if I should use that term loosely here) were, and are reacting to, is the statistical analysis (I believe it first surfaced in the mid-1990s) that stated that people with Caucasian skin will make up a minority of the U.S. population by 2050. That has made many Caucasians and the politicians they back start seeking for ways to decrease the number of migrants to this country (not part of this discussion) and to increase the number of white babies (squarely on topic).

And while we (and I include myself here) laugh at these people's stupidity, they have managed to change laws in several states regarding the teaching of sex education. They are also now reaching new heights as the U.S. Supreme Court prepares to roll back the protections of Roe vs. Wade if not remove it entirely (and some of the more conservative Justices have started making noises about the 1965 Griswald decision [about government and birth control] and the basic question of a right to privacy that many of us seem to take for granted.)

So while we (rightfully) laugh at this joker and his ilk, we should remember that there are a lot of people, including current and up-and-coming politicians, who take these jokers very seriously and are prepared to roll back our rights and privileges in order to secure white racial dominance.

Date: December 04, 2021 01:31PM

I agree with blindguy, Susan. I think you are sometimes too generous in choosing NOT to believe what people say.

Not every absurd claim is ironic.

Date: December 01, 2021 02:14PM

Everyone will be famous for fifteen minutes. Scott Yenor entertains and shocks the masses.

Posted by: Hedning ( )
Date: December 03, 2021 08:01PM

Who cares what some idiot from Boise Idaho thinks about anything.

Before covid I was getting weekly emails and social media advertisements about moving my business to Boise. You'd have to be nuts to try and get educated people who are at the top of their field to even think about living in Covid Denier S... Hole of Boise.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: December 03, 2021 08:21PM

There appear to be a lot of nutty people wanting to move to Boise. Apparently it is one of the highest growth real estate cities in the USA right now.

Needless to say, a lot of students at BSU are outraged at that guy right now.

The minority normal people there don't have a chance against the freedum types who are hell bent on making sure COVID never gets under control.

Meanwhile, that Ammon Bundy guy apparently is arguing that campaigning should count for his court ordered public service time.

Honestly, the news here is getting more depressing all the time.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.