Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: tofino ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 12:26PM

I wonder if Mrs God told him he needs to be less racist towards the Negro race?

That musical has been a joy to listen to and has allowed me to laugh out loud at the complete nuttiness of Mormonism.

I clearly remember the 1978 "Revelation". What a f***ing joke.

For me, the profit Spencer 'Wacking off' Kimball will be remembered for that and his guilt trip sex book that came out during my yrs at the Lard's University in Provo.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 12:32PM

The whole idea of Heavenly Mother is a complete landmine in Mormonism.

She's been mostly forgotten by all her children on earth? That isn't very nice, and you'd expect God to chastise us about that.

And she's a God, right, with a big "G"?

That means they really are polytheists. Or else they are lying when they tell women they will become goddesses equal to their husbands.

Posted by: LordBritish ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 02:11PM

Which one of God's Wives would have complained about it?

;)

Posted by: dressclothes ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 02:15PM

Posted by: Gorspel Dacktrin ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 10:19PM

was that someone like Hinckley (who probably wielded much more real influence than Kimball), looked at all the public relations headaches coming down the pike, then looked at the potential tithing income in places like Brazil, if the Church could just tap into all those mixed-ancestry people who wouldn't be inclined to pay tithing to a church that wouldn't even let them into the temple, and then he reached his hand into the sock-puppet du jour (named Kimball) and -- presto-magico! -- we gots ourselves a quasi-revelation-that's-a-policy-change-or-whatever-you-want-it-to-be kind of thing. But it gets the job done. But it leaves a lot of messy flecks of history that need to be quietly swept under the rug.

But maybe he did tell Kimball that it was what Heavenly Mother wanted and "that's a real secret and sacred special revelation just for us to know and nobody else." Kimball liked to hear bedtime stories from Hinckley whenever he had a big pronouncement to make the next day. ;o)

Posted by: think4u ( )
Date: July 12, 2011 12:46AM

Ya gotta wonder if God ever used the "N" word before '78, cause he sure did a 180 on that revelation.

Posted by: janet ( )
Date: July 14, 2011 10:46AM

Anyone else wonder what the next "Revelation" will be and when?

Monson is overdue, long overdue.

I think he see's the bleeding of members and feels powerless to stop the flood of information available via the Internet.

Everyday more members and non-members find out the fraud the Mormon church is. The Book of Mormon musical is an ongoing headache for the liars in SLC.

Posted by: tofino ( )
Date: July 26, 2011 12:02AM

The Morg is hemoraging formally devout members by the thousands each month.

The top 15 crooked cult leaders know their cult is in decline and they can't stop it.

I sincerely hope by 2020 we will see it crumble and implode from within.

"I believe" frauds get found out. It ain't gunna be pretty either.

My dream come true would be for the Dept of Justice to investigate every aspect of the Mormon church and lay it out for the public to see.

Then prosecute the corrupt corp to the fullest extent of the law.

Posted by: Longout ( )
Date: July 26, 2011 12:08AM

Didn't football prompt the "revelation?" Was it PAC 10 or the press or a combination of both?

Posted by: janet ( )
Date: July 26, 2011 12:14AM

in 1978 and the deadline was what prompted Kimball to deliver his "Revelation"

Anyone hear something about this?

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: July 26, 2011 01:31AM

did some of it.

There are indications that the feds told the church BYU would lose their student loans as well as grants to professors. They were starting a prosecution against Bob Jones University for racism.

I don't think there is any evidence they threatened the tax exempt status of the church.

Posted by: Longout ( )
Date: July 26, 2011 01:43AM

It's not easy finding references to the football scandal, but I think UNM was a factor. Anybody know?

Go LOBOS!!!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.