Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: marco torres ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 10:31PM

Can I get the short version and not the doozy of a cut/paste?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 10:43PM

Date: July 11, 2011 10:43PM

To soon?

Posted by: spaghetti oh ( )
Date: July 12, 2011 08:55AM

Posted by: searching27 ( )
Date: July 12, 2011 09:19AM

So I wasn't the only one counting and opening threads *just* to see if steve would do his copy and paste job?!?!??!! :D

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 10:46PM

Stormy, her ex husband whom she is going to remarry and Jake's sister have been shown to be one and the same. Stormy claims to be a Catholic who was married to Jake,, a Mormon They got divorced over religion and because his family, particularly his mother interfered. Jake converted to Catholicism and now they are getting remaried. Jake joined the board too. Jake's sister was supposed to be a bridesmaid but refusd to wear the dress Stormy chose because of modesty issues. She had a breakdown, was hospitalized and left the church within a week and then started posting here too.

There were found out because they were using the same IP address even though Stormy's sister in law lived in another state and because she was caught lying when she made a post which was supposed to be from from Jake's sister under her name and then changed it, Summer called her on it and she lied. Other posters noticed other things that didn't add up such as excessive drama, changing stories and similar writing styles and that is that.

Date: July 11, 2011 10:51PM

Thank You bona dea! I looked at the Benson report and really don't have that kind of time. Also, the crazy link-a-thon going in between posts I just wanted the cliff notes version. Thanks again.

Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 10:55PM

Like sands through the hourglass ...

Posted by: nonmo ( )
Date: July 12, 2011 10:43AM

suckafoo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Like sands through the hourglass ...

ROTFLMAO!!!!

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: July 12, 2011 10:16AM

bona dea, I am impressed, Excellent summary.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 10:54PM

No problem. If you want more details, you can read the threads when you have more time, but that is it in a nutshell. She played us for fools.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: July 12, 2011 12:19AM

The author ought to write for a soap opera. :-)

Posted by: kimball ( )
Date: July 12, 2011 01:16AM

I bought into the Stormy story back when she first described Jake finding his way out of TSCC and towards her. I even bought the story of the marriage/MIL drama, but over time it started getting too much to handle. I remember Ron talking about pulling out the popcorn and thinking "he may be right here."

That's when I stopped replying to all the Jake/Stormy stuff. It's that kind of situation where you don't want to say anything, because you can come across as really offensive. But with Jake's sister and everything, it was going way beyond credibility. I'm glad I can say all this now.

Posted by: saviorself ( )
Date: July 12, 2011 05:05AM

Somewhere, early in the Stormy saga, I took one quick look at a post she wrote and my shit-detector told me it was a pile of horse-pucky. So I read no further.

Common sense and logic can save you from a lot of wasted time.

Date: July 12, 2011 08:51AM

I'll stick with bona dea's summarization. While I do appreciate the cut/paste job my time is valuable.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: July 12, 2011 09:17AM

stormy still wins on creativity, though Steve gets vandalism points for soaking up lots of board bandwidth, which is both finite and paid for by Eric, with a massive conglomeration of now largely irrelevant posts that were barely comprehensible when they were in the context of their threads, and are completely unreadable in "cut and paste conglomeration" form.

We are not amused.

Posted by: Oftwominds ( )
Date: July 12, 2011 09:14AM

Okay, I had to quit reading, right about the part concerning the two different ip providers. I don't know if anyone brought this up as I stopped reading, but yes, it is usual for some people to have double ip providers. My ip provider was advertising that I sign up with AOL as well. Why? I dunno. People can have to separate ip providers, many do and it is not that unusual.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: July 12, 2011 09:23AM

Especially when one of them is in a different part of the country, and using a cell phone. Does not compute.

Not to mention, posts many hundreds of words long from a cell phone? Really?

Then there was the lying about the edit operation.

And lastly all 3 posters using the same TMI writing style.

Poster might have pulled it off if she left out the sister. That was a bridge too far.

Posted by: OMG ( )
Date: July 12, 2011 09:25AM

There is not a unique IP address for every computer connected to the internet. Internet service providers have a limited number of IP addresses -- small local companies may only have two -- and multiple customers are using each one at any given time.

Posted by: nevermo-beck ( )
Date: July 12, 2011 09:24AM

Oftwominds, the main issue was multiple (supposedly) posters, supposedly in multple states, using supposedly multiple computers/smart phones simultaneously posting with the same IP address.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2011 09:25AM by nevermo-beck.

Posted by: What is Wanted ( )
Date: July 12, 2011 09:22AM

I believe that Stormy Husband Jake is a Catholic
I believe that Stormy is became Catholic too
I believe that the Jake's Sister is a Mormon who had a meltdown

I am and Ex Mormon, and and Ex Mormon just believes!

Posted by: Oftwominds ( )
Date: July 12, 2011 09:40AM

Different states with same ip does not work. It is the same person. I thought someone said that at one point two providers were showing up at one point in the whole fiasco-that could be just because they may have two internet providers on the same computer...people who pull scams like this would have two internet providers if they can afford it--but still, it would still be traced to the same general city area reverse ip look up anyone (just google the term 'reverse ip lookup)

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: July 12, 2011 09:46AM

I quit believing when her fanatical SIL left so abruptly and completely. When you are that far in, leaving takes time if you are able to do it at all. You need to unsnarl a lot of mental knots and wrong thinking patterns. So even if you find out the truth unexpectedly and believe it immediately (like I did) you still have to deal with the stuff Mormonism does to you. I spent months trying to prove myself wrong because Mormonism being a big hoax was to dramatic a shift in philosophy and lifestyle. I just proved it was a bigger lie than I realized at first and that's when I started getting out. When you are that far in it, it isn't an overnight thing.

Posted by: Jeannie ( )
Date: July 12, 2011 10:03AM

Totally agree with you, I was the same way.
Besides, I thought it was a bit strange that she was on the board so soon after being in a mental ward and seemed quite comfortable. I mean, you would think the stress of being there on top of the stress about leaving your whole life as you have known it up until that point would be enough for you to need some time to digest it all in private, before you start sharing with others, know what I mean?

Posted by: rgg ( )
Date: July 12, 2011 12:40PM

I quit believing when she started posting conflicting stories abour her MIL, which was VERY early on.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much drama and too many posts.

Posted by: Doxi ( )
Date: July 12, 2011 09:50AM

...and it was called

Are ya ready?)

SECRET STORM!

Honest!

Posted by: Elder George Carlin ( )
Date: July 12, 2011 09:55AM

Posted by: Cristina ( )
Date: July 12, 2011 10:21AM

Hi I'm Cristina's one and only, Jeff. I'm just here trying to support her because of all we've been through with the Morg. It almost destroyed us. She deserves my support because she's been AMAZING. She's so cool, my best friend, an amazing lover!

Jeff

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: July 12, 2011 10:35AM

Hahhahhaha!!! You get an award!

Posted by: Elder George Carlin ( )
Date: July 12, 2011 10:41AM

Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: July 12, 2011 11:59AM

Will "Stormy" (if that is her real screen name) ever come clean?

Even if she did start a new thread, would any of you accept an apology or even an explanation about why she did this?

Will she instead try to maintain her story? She's not fighting too hard -- I haven't seen any posts since yesterday. Is she licking her wounds at home? Is she humiliated at having been outed for playing us? Is she busy trying to formulate a new story to explain all this?

Apparently, even after 20 years of recovering from mormonism, I still have trouble letting go of things I once believed in. I bought Stormy's story. I even started a thread to give her resources about the Karpman Drama Triangle! That embarrasses me because I fear I actually gave her more ammo for her work of fiction. (The only thing that makes me feel better is that other legitimate posters here followed my links and found some helpful information, so if that helped any of the rest of you, then it was worthwhile to me.) Anyway, all that to say, I am still willing to forgive and forget if stormy came forward and had something to say about what she's done.

I understand Catholics believe strongly in confession. So. Stormy. If you're such a good Catholic and you really believe in your religion, let's hear your confession. Maybe some of us will forgive you. IF it turns out there was some productive useful point to the whole shenanigans.

I know, I know. I should probably just let it go and process the grief stages because yet one more shiny nifty thing I thought was cool has turned out to be Fool's Gold and I should know better to believe anything I read on the internet. Shame on us, really, for believing her in the first place. And by that logic, I totally understand if nobody ever believes anything I ever post anywhere on the internet, ever. You probably shouldn't (even though I am not a clever enough writer to maintain a complex fictional life online).

Posted by: Phoebe Abiff ( )
Date: July 12, 2011 02:02PM

I never believed the stormy crap, but I followed her threads because they amused me. However, I was just telling my daughter last night that I was glad for the stormy threads because that is how I found out about the drama triangle.

So, thank you dogzilla! Reading up on the drama triangle has enlightened me so much. Next month I will be spending a week long vacation with my psycho mother. The trip was planned nearly a year ago and I've honestly been dreading it for that long! Because of the understanding I've gained through learning about the drama triangle, I feel better prepared to deal with the issues that will surely crop up with Mom.

For all of the posters who feel foolish for having believed stormy, please don't! By sharing you stories, I'm confident that you all have, in some way, helped others out there.

Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: July 12, 2011 02:07PM

Thank you, Phoebe.

If, in fact, that is who you really are.

;>)

Just kidding.

Posted by: GayLayAle ( )
Date: July 12, 2011 02:08PM

...are you really a dog?

Posted by: WinksWinks ( )
Date: July 12, 2011 02:17PM

Thanks to those with the insight. :)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.