Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Stormy ( )
Date: July 12, 2011 10:34AM

Since the majority of posters believe I'm not real, then if I post no one will engage so I will go away. If I don't post I'm a troll. It's a no win situation. After reading the posts and spoofs and laughing by the way all I can say is thank you your help. I can see where the skepticism comes from. But I can't see where the need to to be hurtful comes from. But that's enough said.

stormy

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bingoe4 ( )
Date: July 12, 2011 10:39AM

Because people put time, energy, and emotion into your posts. They may have re-experienced some of their own past again. If you are lying, being angry and hurtful is an understandable human reaction.

I think you are lying and probably won't get it anyway.....

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: July 12, 2011 10:39AM

Is it a question of belief?

Or is it more a question of evidence?

It seems that the evidence points to one poster posing as different personalities within a made up dialogue.

1 ip address for all participants?

The simplest explanation is usually the right one...

Posted by: Elder George Carlin ( )
Date: July 12, 2011 10:49AM

Posted by: think4u ( )
Date: July 12, 2011 01:25PM

Exactly, and well said. Yeah, S. you are the victim!

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 12, 2011 10:56AM

I'm sure that the Twilight fandom will eat it up. Just throw in a vampire and a werewolf, and you're good to go.

Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: July 12, 2011 10:58AM

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, screw you and the horse you rode in on.

Just sayin'...

Ron

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: July 12, 2011 11:02AM

It would be quite simple possibly to end this. Have someone who knows you but is NOT family post. Have you no friends. Oh, right.....you do in your imaginary life. Your story just moved too fast once you included your sister in law. That sort of did it for me.

But people slip up all the time in their lying. Playing with people never gets you any points. I for one was happy for you getting your "hubby" out of Mormonism. Emotions like that cause great happiness for people. But when it turns out to be a made up story, then we know we have wasted time on YOU. Not anymore. Tell your story to others on another site who can be fooled for a much longer time than we can. I am glad you were found out. You need help.

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: July 12, 2011 11:02AM

Posted by: Stormy ( )
Date: July 12, 2011 11:08AM

I'm not the victum in this. Never have I claimed being a victum. I did nothing wrong. I didn't do what is said. Can't speak for my sil, I have no idea what's going on with her. All I know is she posted with my cell and then erased it. My cell provider said the IP will be the same since it was set up that way. But that's not important. It's just the way it is and I'm not lying. Guilty of poor judgement giving her the cell but that's it.

I won't post any more so you won't have to ignore me or whatever else you do. I know the truth.

stormy

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 12, 2011 11:26AM

Stormy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I know the truth.

Of course you do. It's whatever is rattling around your head in a given moment.

Have a nice day.

Posted by: Finally Free! ( )
Date: July 12, 2011 12:26PM

I have hesitated to add my two cents on this topic... I'm new to the board, new to admitting to myself that the church is false and new to talking about it with other people. This whole thing is new for me and I'm not used to listening to other people's story and actually finding help and support from finding out that I'm not alone in my experience.

I followed your story because it was, well... interesting and wanted to be supportive. If the story is true then support and help is a good thing. If it is false, then it is no different than what the church did to many of us playing off our emotions to drag us into a story that isn't true.

People here can understandably be very hurt and upset by this type of manipulation.

I hope that you've been telling the truth, I want to believe that people are basically good and are just doing the best they can in any given situation.

There are two factors here that make your story seem very, very suspicious, even above and beyond the language analysis...

1. The post that started it all was obviously written as if from your SIL perspective. It was not deleted, this has been confirmed many times from reliable sources, it was EDITED by you to change the dialog to make it sound like it came from you. How did you EDIT a post from your SIL and not know about it? I don't want to give you ideas for how I would have explained it, but the cell phone transfer does not explain how she posted something and within 10 minutes you *changed* that post.

2. The posts from you SIL and from you, within hours, if not minutes of each other all have the same IP address. I can write off the ones from your husband with the same IP, even using the same login, if you were using the same computer in the house, but you have stated quite clearly that you gave your SIL your cell phone and that she was "sending it back". I can buy that the IP address didn't change for all communication from a single device. If it was never shut off and constantly connected, there are ways for that to happen. But that doesn't explain how the two of you, presumably living in very different locations can post messages here with the exact same device. Either she has a very fast messenger to get the phone back and forth between the two of you, or you (heck... or her) are posting for both people.

When confronted with these two pieces of evidence, you first asked if you were hacked and if you needed to change your password... Yet, your login, with a consistent IP address edited the post in question to make it more inline with story and character. Then you threw your "SIL" under the bus by stating that she must have been nervous and you were helping her out by sending her the phone to give her an outlet for support and help, but because of this one post, you were asking for it back. So, in one minute you're helping her out, but then, when there is a minor issue, which should have been explainable, with her accidentally posting as "you", you remove her supposedly one outlet for support? Later you claim you don't know what's going on with her... You have been in contact with her, even sent her a presumably expensive android smart phone, with a phone contract intact, but don't talk to her enough to know what's going on?

You haven't provided a viable answer to either of the points above. There have been no apologies for the confusion. If nothing else, there's too much drama here. For a while it was interesting, but now it's just sad.

If what you are going though, what you've posted here in the past, is true, I hope you find an outlet and get the support you need. If it's all a story, or even if it's been embellished to make it more interesting, I feel sorry for you. There's enough real pain and sorrow in the world, plenty of it right here on this board, that no one needs to invent more.

Posted by: lillium ( )
Date: July 12, 2011 12:33PM

Point number one pretty much proves it for me with very little doubt. If SIL did post under stormy's name accidentally, why wouldn't she just log in as herself and post an "oops, that was me"? Why would she go back and try to make the post sound like stormy? No explanation for that, that I can think of.

Posted by: tiptoes ( )
Date: July 12, 2011 12:34PM

I agree and thanks for your post. This process is a roller coaster ride for me (I hate roller coasters BTW) and I am pretty much alone in my disaffection except for a few people here who care. I have friends outside the realm of moism, but they have nO idea about the nuisances of the religion and how it is ingrained in people's minds.

Date: July 12, 2011 01:30PM

Please keep your word, then, and do not post here again, ever! You are right, you are NOT the victim, but you certainly play it well here in this post. Poor Stormy, You are a sorry pathetic loser. Get the hell outta here and quit wastin' honest people's time!

Posted by: imaginary friend ( )
Date: July 12, 2011 11:09AM

Darn, I thought the storm was over last night. Must have just been in the eye of it. Here we go again.

Posted by: good luck ( )
Date: July 12, 2011 11:25AM

every computer and every cell phone has a differ IP address that is how you track them . 2 cell phones can not have the same IP address or they would not work network error would come up. Been in the computer field for over 30 year's

Posted by: Keep Up ( )
Date: July 12, 2011 02:10PM

Posted by: The Man in Black ( )
Date: July 12, 2011 03:18PM

I'm confident that the IP Susan sees is the one assigned by the ISP. Yes separate devices can show up as the same IP if they are on a subnet sharing the same DHCP server (the modem or router) but this still puts them at minimum in the same house.

Posted by: Dan ( )
Date: July 12, 2011 11:27AM

but it seems a lot of posters could tell your grammar and writing style was the same with all of your posts under various family names. Just for your writing help in the future, chiasmus will help you. Check out the Book of Mormon and chiasmus, it seems to fool a lot of people.

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: July 12, 2011 11:38AM

I'm not sure you've got the market for that anymore.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: July 12, 2011 11:39AM

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: July 12, 2011 12:39PM

+1

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: July 12, 2011 12:38PM

(sarcasm on) But thanks for stirring up those same feelings. (sarcasm off)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2011 12:40PM by wine country girl.

Posted by: Heathjh ( )
Date: July 12, 2011 01:12PM

Maybe you have multiple personalities and don't realize it. That's me assuming on the nice side.

There has been a bit that didn't add up in your stories. I dismissed it. I thought maybe I had missed something. The bit about your MIL listening to Jake about all the church history problems and seemed like she sort of understood. Then the next post she was talking like none of that ever happened.

The other thing that was annoying is your characters would talk about each other as if the other person didnt see the others post. If I know someone is reading a post then I'm not going to vent openly like that about them. And if I did, the other person would have, should have piped in and defended themselves. It seemed very awkward.

Next the IP thing.... Doesn't add up. Between you and Jake, yes. With your SIL living somewhere else, it isn't even possible to have the same IP address.....even with the sending of the cell phone.

Date: July 12, 2011 01:19PM

You lost me at the name: "Stormy's One and Only"-- OMH! A lonely desperate woman's wish is what I thought even way back then.

We, including myself, need to remember that Troll's do not die off until we stop feeding them.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2011 01:33PM by think4u.

Posted by: GayLayAle ( )
Date: July 12, 2011 01:27PM

In fact, all the evidence points to the contrary. The only thing you've provided us in the way of "evidence" is "Believe me, I'm telling the truth, and if you don't think I am, I just won't post here anymore."

You've offered no explanation other than your "SIL" was "accidentally" using your ID to post because you gave her your phone, and yet that story didn't come about until you were called out on your shit. Your first excuse was, "Oh no, oh jeez, someone must have HACKED my poor account." No one is buying what you're selling anymore.

I, for one, tired of your story after the first few days, but I know so many other people got EMOTIONALLY INVESTED in you and what you and your family were supposedly going through. As other people have said, THAT'S what the Mormon church does to people. You want to know why people are skeptical? Because we put up with all that shit from TSCC for YEARS.

So unless you're able to prove to everyone that your story is true, I don't think anyone is apt to believe what you're saying just because you said so. Sorry.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: July 12, 2011 02:03PM

Trying to play victim and continuing to lie.

You slipped up.
You got caught.
You lied about it.
You are pretending two people use the same mobile AND land line.

It is time to just give it up. Why you did it, I don't know. It is not my job to read minds. It is my job to TRY and keep this a safe place for people. You are not interested in that, you are interested in game playing. There are many places you can work on your creative writing. Go take a class. Go join a writing forum. But don't continue to lie here.

Date: July 12, 2011 02:04PM

Posted by: searching27 ( )
Date: July 12, 2011 02:05PM

Posted by: Elder George Carlin ( )
Date: July 12, 2011 02:06PM

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: July 12, 2011 02:07PM

is that you made up a huge story, and posted as two or three different people/characters in the story.

Posted by: Adult of god ( )
Date: July 12, 2011 02:16PM

nice call on the bridesmaid dresses.

Posted by: escapee ( )
Date: July 12, 2011 02:20PM

First, I think you should change your name to Smarmy, because you are artificially sincere.
Second, you were caught dead to rights, by Susan I/S and Summer. And they were backed up by people who apparently have been powers of discernment. I hope to learn from them.
Third, give it the f#ck up!
Susan

Date: July 12, 2011 02:21PM

Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: July 12, 2011 02:39PM

up in the air..first high(right)...then low(opposite side)...then high again(right) for the finish....oh yeah i can do the three snaps girl!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2011 02:40PM by bignevermo.

Posted by: Cristina ( )
Date: July 12, 2011 03:01PM

The part I love about this is how it resembles Joseph Smith coming up with new revelations whenever he needed a way to explain something he did. If he almost drowned himself and others on the Missouri river through incompetence, he received a revelation that Satan rides upon the waters. If he screwed one of his foster daughters, he received a revelation that virgins were given unto him along with the blessings of Jacob. You get my point, no need to continue.

My guess is that stormy has been a Mormon and has internalized this way of lying. She has alter egos for reasons we're never going to know. And when she gets caught first she comes up with multiple revelations (in the form of her sister in law posting "it's my fault") then when it doesn't work she plays the same persecution card Joseph Smith played.

I was never invested in the fantasy world of any of the posts because I'm prone not to believe that multiple people post here to report on a family drama. And what finallyfree said about none of them seeming concerned when talking about each other is spot on.

It's a fascinating view into the psychological needs of some people to form alter egos and pass them off as separate people and of personalities structured to cover up lies with new fabrications to verify the former fabrication was not a fabrication. Mormonism contributes to this in my opinion.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: July 12, 2011 03:19PM

Stormy reminds me of Casey Anthony, only worse.

She carried her lies to the absolute extreme, even taking law enforcement officers to her imaginary work, past the guard at the Universal gate, into the hall and down to her not-office, then folding her arms and saying, "OK, I don't work here."

Stormy has been walked to the office door by Susan I/S, who told her what the record showed. Only instead of admitting she lied, she posts the same lie again (above) that she deleted the post when she actually edited it.

The only interesting thing left in this pathetic saga is this question: why is Stormy trying to hang on when the jig is clearly up? what is the investment here?

Why not move her three personalities to the recover-from-Jehovah Witness site? OR better yet --Recovery from Pathological Lying site.

Anagrammy

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.