Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: May 20, 2022 04:11PM

Under The Banner of Heaven is a hot topic at work these days.
As it turns out, our team is made up of two ExMormons, an Ex- Catholic, married to a Mormon and an Ex-Southern Baptist black lady, all of whom think religion is b.s.

We also all agree that UTBoH is must watch TV and we talk about it every week there's a new episode. Black lady is really interested in 'blood atonement' and wants to know if that's a real thing in the Mormon CULT. I'm the only one who has been through the temple and told her all about the suicidal oaths I had to swear in the temple, to spill my blood and guts on the ground if I ever divulged the secret Masonic handshakes I learned in the temple. They're all shocked.

Last night we were at dinner with a bunch of other co-workers and the other ExMo was explaining that he left Mormonism when he was 16. I said he was a lot smarter than me and it took me until I was 40 to figure out it was all an abusive lie and that Mormonism is probably one of the most patriarchal, racist religions on the planet. I gave the example that no woman in the church has as much power and authority as the least righteous 12yo boy, just by virtue of the fact he has a penis and the most righteous woman in the church doesn't. It doesn't matter if you're mother Theresa, if you don't have a penis, you have zero power or authority. That's the point at which we toasted to not being Mormon and everybody laughed.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.