Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: May 20, 2022 05:49PM

We didn't like dinner sister missionaries so we stopped feeding them for a few months. We had them back last weekend. They broke our toilet. One went in at the start of the visit and at the end the other one went in and came out saying the toilet was leaking.

I can't make this up. Monday and Tuesday nights we tried to fix it ourselves. My wife succeeded with the Mormon neighbor's help although he did break it fixing it on Monday so there is that. We appreciated it but if my wife was more confident in her repair skills we would have fixed it without help.

Then today I heard the door bell. It was these missionaries. They wanted to use the toilet again. I'm home alone working. I asked if that was a problem. They said yes. I mentioned the neighbors. Then I saw the one doing the pee pee dance. As they were walking away I asked them if I left the house if they could use it? They said yes.

So, they broke our toilet and returned to the scene of their crime. Funny. I'm cracking up.

To be honest the toilet is old and the bolt they broke was rusted. But this was just crazy. RfM worthy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: May 20, 2022 05:55PM

My wife just got home and checked it out. They didn't flush.

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: May 20, 2022 06:32PM

I suppose if the message is full of sh..excrement, the messengers might also be full of it.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: May 20, 2022 06:56PM

The bolt breakage and those consequences - understandable - hey, it happens.

Not flushing? No excuse.

You are quite the gentleman, EB, to realize their issue with you being home alone and offering to vacate so they could use the facilities.

Too bad, though, that they have to be so scrupulous about appearances and/or rules even in a fairly dire situation. Because sometimes when you gotta go, you gotta go.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: May 20, 2022 07:44PM

You'd think the church would ensure the missionaries understood basic hygiene. . .

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: May 20, 2022 06:23PM

ziller is curious to know the tare weight and girth of these sisters OPie ~

thx ~

(for research porpoises) ~

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: May 20, 2022 06:53PM

Yes, because if an old, rusty bolt on the toilet broke the evening they used it the females must be overweight. /s

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2022 06:54PM by Nightingale.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: May 21, 2022 04:58AM

That bolt broke by the gift and power of God. OP should go back to church. Maybe the one with ailes of hardware. Get stainless steel or brass this time.

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: May 20, 2022 07:00PM

I've heard tales of old time missionaries shaking the dust from their feet but this???

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: May 21, 2022 02:15AM

Posted by: scmd1 ( )
Date: May 21, 2022 07:19PM

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: May 21, 2022 03:18AM

Just wow.

I'm beyond words on this one.

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: May 21, 2022 11:54AM

This string of messages made me think of my Dad.

He's been gone for over 20 years but worked and retired as a mail carrier for the USPS.

I now wonder had he did to relieve himself while out delivering the mail.

In business areas I could guess he'd stop at a gas station, restaurant, etc., but when in a neighborhood what would he do?

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 21, 2022 02:32PM

Pee bottle

Peeing at 75 mph heightens your awareness.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: May 21, 2022 04:47PM

That was you I saw on the 405?

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 21, 2022 07:54PM

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: May 21, 2022 08:41PM

I was once on the 405 and saw a dead body lying on the side of the road.

Posted by: Gordon B. Stinky ( )
Date: May 25, 2022 01:10PM

That would heighten your awareness, for sure!

Date: May 21, 2022 02:49PM

You are blaming these young women for your lack of toilet maintenance ?

Date: May 23, 2022 11:25AM

Toilet maintenance? How does one check for rust on bolts in a tank with no obvious sign¿

The first sister shifted the tank. It wouldn't have given way I suppose without the one rusty bolt but I must Google proper maintenance unless you can clue me in instead of just throwing out your Davidisms. But then you might have to have a full conversation.

Date: May 24, 2022 03:08AM

I thought you were talking about the bolts holding the toilet to the floor.

Date: May 24, 2022 11:00AM

Thank God no.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: May 21, 2022 10:10PM

What on Earth did you feed those sisters, EB ?

Date: May 23, 2022 11:26AM

Spaghetti no meatballs.

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: May 23, 2022 11:27AM

My roommate was in the bathroom when the home teachers came and she didn't want to flush the toilet or they'd hear, so she left it. And then one of them asked to use the bathroom.

Then another time, one of our neighbors came over on Sunday and asked if he could borrow some toilet paper as he didn't want to go to the store and break the sabbath. My roommate didn't say a word. She just went in the other room, got a roll of toilet paper, and handed it to him. We didn't laugh until he was quite a ways away.

Date: May 23, 2022 11:34AM

I had to ask for a plunger at work once.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: May 23, 2022 11:47AM

Gosh that hit my funny bone !

LOL.

:D

Posted by: Third of Five ( )
Date: May 23, 2022 04:24PM

You think this is bad but...

The second time I stayed in Utah, paid for by the missionary who baptised me, no less, I got to stay in this (what to me was a) huge, beautiful mansion in the mountains. Apparently it belonged to his aunt and uncle who were away. So very kind of all of them. Despite this luxury, I did not have a great time because his wife was super weird towards me...but that’s another story.

On the day before last, I used the toilet...properly. That thing from only nightmares happened, when instead of flushing and staying down, I’d apparently caused a blockage and everything came back up again and overflowed onto the bathroom floor. Complete flooding and ****everywhere.

My daughter heard me screaming “Nooooo!” from the other end of the house.

I don’t want to describe what I did to deal with this situation because that’s where it gets worse. Needless to say I flew back to England and never returned to Utah again.

You never return to the scene of a crime.

Date: May 23, 2022 05:42PM

Funny. They returned in less than a week.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2022 05:43PM by Elder Berry.

Posted by: Maca ( )
Date: May 25, 2022 11:10AM

The thing about toilets after replacing 5-6 just this year in my side job is that no one installs them correctly, they forget to secure the bolts before placing the toilet on the bolts, it's a two parts process but everyone tightens the bolts directly on the toilet and usually break the flange which causes toilets to leak and seals to unseal and rot the floor.

These are skills that should be taught in schools, imagine going for 15+ years with a bs degree and never getting a lesson on toilets, I know I never did, but had plenty of algebra lessons, which were mostly useless, America needs to go on strike! Fire the teachers.

Date: May 25, 2022 12:02PM

That's a crock of shit.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.