Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: June 22, 2022 11:21PM

I'm going to give it some seriousfunny thought overnight; this one is just off the top of the cuff on my head . . .

MISSIONARIES IN PARADISE

The opening scenes show snippets of life in fabulous-looking foreign mission settings, with bigger-than-life beautiful people missionaries larking about, smiling and healthy, and then it cuts to the stars of the show, four unhealthy-looking, ill-at-ease guys in their white shirts and black name tags, living in a dump of an apartment in a very poor, made-up Eastern Block country, where no one wants to have anything to do with the American trash and their crazy religion... They're being watched by the country's secret police and we get to hear their views on what they see as they do their spying. And they feel so bad for the mishies that they start interacting with them, in hopes of 1) getting more info, 2) helping them have a good time, so that 3) they can recruit them.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: June 23, 2022 12:00AM

Ozzie & Harriet and Donna and Eve and Marlo and Lucy and Joan and Gracie and Mollie and Carol and Alice and June and Our Little Margie

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: June 23, 2022 12:48AM

The Bachelor- he gets to marry all of them

Assigned Friends- Visiting teachers (or whatever they are called now) go around "ministering" and gossiping about stupid stuff

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: June 23, 2022 09:24AM

The Bachelor- he gets to marry all of them : WINNER!!!

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: June 23, 2022 01:13AM

Posted by: Adam Warrior ( )
Date: June 23, 2022 01:24AM

Monty Python and the search for the Golden Plates

They obviously start out pretending to ride horses with guys clanking coconuts together behind them i know this much. They go through many funny adventures across the land looking for evidence of these Golden Plates but never find them of course.
They even come across Ziller and his spaceship on their adventure as well which is a good laugh of a scene of course. A lot of funny things happen throughout it all because its Monty Python haha. Thats all i got old dog. I just watched Monty Python and the Holy Grail recently and had a great laugh.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: June 23, 2022 02:34AM

Joey starts & is CEO of an (energy) (banking)(online shopping)company modeled on Scamway, but it turns out that most of the revenue has been sent to a number-only account in a paradise place (country?)with only minimal rules or regulations, private health care, poly is OK!

Joey’s mantra:”Ponzi schemes are Great for the economy!”

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: June 23, 2022 10:33AM

Through a paperwork snafu, Elder Old Dog is called as one of the 12 Apostles.
Suddenly the weekly meetings of the twelve and general conference become hilarious.

Date: June 23, 2022 11:39AM

Paperwork snafu = Divine Intervention!

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: June 23, 2022 03:45PM

As a sign of unity, the Q15 wear sombreros while sitting on their leather thrones in general conference.

Viewership increases 10 fold--to 220 people.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: June 23, 2022 12:26PM

How ‘bout one like the vampire comedy, “What We Do in The Shadows.”

:D

Posted by: Maca ( )
Date: June 23, 2022 02:35PM

How about some version of modern family, they would need some patriarch over the top wealthy vulture capitalist, al bundy type, and then show a diverse family, navigate fitting in the box, and fighting, oh wait that's not fiction, lol!

Posted by: scmd1 ( )
Date: July 02, 2022 12:13AM

I'd prefer a Mormon soap opera. Even if written seriously, it would be funny.

Date: July 03, 2022 12:50PM

I think this is the way.

My morsoap would be titled "There's always someone at the Y", with flashbacks to the time back in the 60s when the Patriarch and Matriarch met at the Y.  And at least twice an episode, "See you at the temple" would be uttered, in various tones, ranging from glee to ominous.

The characters would include a dentist, a chiropractor, an alarm company exec, some MLM ladies, a bishop having an affair with the SP's wife and numerous runs to an out of town drug store for 'day after' abortion pills.

And SCMD1 is correct: the straighter the writing, the funnier it would be to exmos and discerning non-members.  And why not have 'Mystery Science Theatre 3000' style front-row sitters, to help total mormon newbies see the humor?

Posted by: ookami ( )
Date: June 23, 2022 03:17PM

I have one idea: "Movie Mormon." Some ex-mormons and never-mormons are forced to watch crappy Mormon movies and videos. To cope, the detained viewers poke fun at the movies. Yes, it's based on "Mystery Science Theater 3000" and "Movie Macabre," but have we seen it done about cheesy Mormon cinema?

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: June 23, 2022 07:23PM

LOL! I like that idea. I got a kick out of Mystery Science Theater. How about Svengoolie as a guest cohost?

Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: June 23, 2022 05:36PM

Due to "paperwork snafu's", a fence sitting spirit is born with dark skin to a white mormon family living in Provo, UT.

Years previous, and due to another snafu, one of Lucifer's minions who should not have even been born with a body, is born as the fence sitters white uncle (fathers brother).

Hilarity ensues as the uncle and father try to get the fence sitter to stay on or get off the fence.

Posted by: dydimus ( )
Date: June 23, 2022 06:47PM

On 30 Rock: There was the fictional character of Romney's son Garrett Romney. Here's 2 of his best scenes:

Jack Donaghy : Garrett, what does the campaign need?

Garrett Romney : Well, as you know, with PACs like this, we're not allowed to have direct contact with candidates.

[snickers]

Garrett Romney : I'm kidding. I'm Garrett Romney. Mitt's my dad. But here's the thing, Jack. My Brother-Dad, which is Mormon for "Dad", has more money than he knows what to do with.

Jack Donaghy : With all due respect, Garrett, I don't think that's a thing.

Garrett Romney : Well, it's just, at this point in the campaign, for us it's more about ideas than cash.

Jack Donaghy : Garrett, I would slap you if I didn't know you were going to get your own planet when you die. And until your father has 100% of the vote, I think we can still make a difference. I mean, look how poorly we're polling with African-Americans.

Garrett Romney : Jack, there's no amount of money that can...

Jack Donaghy : How dare you talk that way in front of the pile!

[motions to the large pile of money]

Jack Donaghy : There's no problem in the world that can't be solved by throwing money at it. Now, let's change some black minds.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: July 02, 2022 04:57PM

Just a thought...would the 15 file for unemployment benefits if the whole deal went in the shitter?

Posted by: Third of Five ( )
Date: July 03, 2022 08:17AM

I’d like a reality tv show where mormons are put into actual normal real life scenarios - without the support of other mormons around them. You know, just like us when we first leave the church…

Better yet, incorporate them into this https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9TPG80boMjY
:-)

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: July 06, 2022 11:39PM

The new ward boundary is mistakenly drawn down the middle of a large families house. Preferably right through the master bedroom.

The parents are in two different wards/stakes. Same with the mids being split into different wards and stakes. Based on where their bedrooms lie.

Can they even socialize with each other?

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: July 07, 2022 12:34PM

I wonder if there is a Mormon Rumspringa?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rumspringa#:~:text=The%20Amish%2C%20a%20subsect%20of,or%20to%20leave%20the%20community.

Watching my kids transitioning to adulthood and contemplating marriage is interesting. It is funny to see other Mormon's kids trying to wrap their minds around how open and honest we are with our kids.

I bet there is a lot to unload and experiment with as a young adult Mormon that is sitcom worthy.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.