Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Third of Five ( )
Date: July 03, 2022 07:48AM

I feel this point shouldn’t (for most: doesn’t) need to be made, but for anyone questioning/complaining what the overturning of Roe v Wade has to do with mormonism:

https://www.deseret.com/faith/2022/6/24/23181718/roe-v-wade-ends-latter-day-saint-leaders-mormon-protect-life-and-to-preserve-religious-liberty?_amp=true

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2022-06-26/we-attend-church-services-in-wake-of-roe-vs-wade-ruling?_amp=true

Obviously this has everything to do with religion. The main point of contention being that religion is now very much taking over politics. If the two were separate, as they should be, we wouldn’t be criticised for discussing something “political”. So blame the politicians.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 03, 2022 09:50AM

Women in Poland (a very Catholic country,) are protesting further restrictions on abortion being proposed by the country's right-wing government. Among the proposals is a national registry of pregnancies.

It can get a *whole* lot worse for us.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/polish-women-protest-attempts-restrict-abortion-81472004

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: July 03, 2022 11:41AM

> Among the proposals is a
> national registry of
> pregnancies.

For the most part, the majority of men DO keep track of who they get pregnant, so it's not like a national registry should be seen as too out of line.  And of course I am assuming that the Poles will get all the pertinent data regarding each of the fathers as they populate the poll . . .

½/s

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: July 03, 2022 12:03PM

Not being familiar with any non-Christian religions, other than Judaism and Golf, all I can do is surmise that to be a religion is to have rules. My three examples above point to this likelihood.

I propose that the three religions I know about have sooooo many rules because "Life is messy."  Take Golf, the most holy of the three... The game is to advance a ball from tee to green and into the hole in the fewest possible 'strokes' using a club.  

If all the local cell towers were kaput, and you handed some preteen kids some clubs and balls and gave them the above instructions, with the knowledge that that one who completed the task in the fewest number of strokes was the winner of the game, they'd probably have fun.

But what are a 'ball', a 'club', a 'stroke' and a 'hole'?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.