Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: September 15, 2022 09:55PM

https://www.deseret.com/utah/2022/9/15/23354939/flds-leader-accused-of-destroying-records-signal-app

Sounds like more than deleting electronic records - like child sex trafficking

"Although documents unsealed Wednesday do not provide details as to what communication was potentially deleted or what investigation it may have affected, one of the orders issued by the judge notes that the case involves either physical or sexual abuse of a child."

Much more troubling details here

https://kutv.com/news/local/arizona-man-charged-after-girls-found-in-enclosed-trailer

"Authorities found three girls, between the ages of 11 and 14, in the trailer he was hauling through Flagstaff, according to court documents. The trailer had a makeshift toilet, a couch, camping chairs and no ventilation, the documents state. The documents didn't say if the girls are related to Bateman, and it wasn't discussed during Thursday's hearing."

"Federal prosecutor Patrick Schneider said Bateman talked to supporters in Colorado City, Arizona, from the Coconino County Jail in Flagstaff and instructed them to delete communications sent through a private messaging system, and demanded all women and girls obtain passports"

"Bateman posted bond on the state charges but was arrested again in Colorado City by federal authorities who were investigating whether children were being transported across state lines for sexual activity, Schneider said."

Another Warren Jeffs.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: September 16, 2022 12:16AM

I’m sure these folks self-identify as Mormons, therefore partially why Russ now & others previously distanced / disowned them.

They left ChurchCo but they didn’t leave polygamy.

Posted by: Phantom Shadow ( )
Date: September 16, 2022 12:34AM

One of my great-grandmother's nephews, a son of Samuel Bateman, didn't give up polygamy and joined this group, so I suppose this guy is a distant relative. Found out about this family group when I read UTBOH.

By their fruits shall ye know them . . . Mormonism is evil.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: September 16, 2022 01:36AM

Phantom Shadow Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> By their fruits shall ye know them . . . Mormonism
> is evil.

But but but … What about the MoTab?

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: September 16, 2022 02:11AM

What about Gladys Knight and the pimps ?

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: September 16, 2022 05:27AM

I love it when the Feds go after these people.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: September 18, 2022 04:27PM

We haven't heard a thing about Epstein's client list since Ghislaine Maxwell's conviction. And they sure let Larry Nasser's case slide for years.
FLDS sex crimes are, at least, low-hanging fruit. At worst, they're "proof" that the Feds actually prosecute these cases.

That said, Bateman is entitled to his defense, but after that I hope they put him through the wringer.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: September 16, 2022 03:29PM

This guy does indeed sound like another Warren Jeffs. His followers said they were not affiliated with Jeffs' group, but there was a picture of Warren on a wall.

His followers talk about Bateman in the same reverential/cult-like tones that Jeffs' followers use in describing him. Of course Rusty has plenty of people who will describe him in god-like tones too.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.