Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: heytherejules ( )
Date: July 14, 2011 05:42PM

Hi. I can't believe I ended up right here.
I'm from Rome, Italy. I was baptized last year by my ex boyfriend. I was doing great, attended institute classes, made friends with the young adults, got my patriarchal blessing and was even ready to go to the Bern Temple at the end of october. I wanted to serve a mission, too.
Then all of a sudden I've began to wonder, "What am I doing here? I don't think I'll ever belong to this place!"
Since I'm a member I've been taught that non-members are nothing but Satan's followers, or that they're not happy at all because they don't know the "truth".
Missionaries also taught me that I didn't need to search for infos online because all that I needed to know in order to be baptized was in the BoM. That was fine with me, until my brain woke up.
Until I found out that God lives in Kolob and that no matter if you're married for time and eternity, your husband will likely have sex with other women, the ones who didn't have a chance to get married in this life.
Until I found out that something's wrong with the account of the "First Vision" and so on.
I'm curious. I study history at university, and what "ruined" me was a couple of researches I did before signing up to this board.
I like to know other people's point of views, but it was pretty impossibile (and still is) to discuss with my ex about "anti" mormons. At first, I wanted to understand why people left. He used to get mad at me all the time. To him, I wasn't strong enough. I needed to work on my "faith".
I'm dating a non-member at the moment. If my ward finds out (oh, I haven't attended church meetings since May by the way) they'll send missionaries at his home, they're gonna invite him to the meetings and I don't want that.
When I was with the guy who baptized me no one at his ward forced him to break up with me. But this time it's different.
I talked about my date with a Mormon friend and he basically told me that it's an illusion and soon all (including me) will fall apart.
That's so clear: Satan will destroy us...
Also, marrying a non member means eternal unhappiness. Oh.
I feel fine around him. How can he be part of Satan's plan? I got back to live my old life (no prayers, no scriptures, no church, no activities) when I didn't even know who Mormons were.
I'm fine when I don't think about Latter-day saints.
I don't *feel* the need to go to church. It seems like I'm not able to follow the Word of Wisdom anymore, I find it pretty pointless.
Who cares if I have sex? Who cares if I drink coffee or tea? Uhm, I rarely drink alcoholics and that part hasn't been so traumatic, but if I wanted to, who cares?

I didn't join this religion because of my ex boyfriend. It was my choice and I was enthusiastic about it.
But I don't want to be involved in any kind of religion anymore! But they keep on calling me and it's frustrating.

I'm sorry for my English. It might not be so perfect :)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: July 14, 2011 05:51PM

You'll find lots of caring people here. And everything you've read about us Satan Worshipers is wrong.

The Mormon church is a fraud. You've found out, and you should be happy for that.

Now you can live an authentic life.

Anything you need in your recovery, just ask the board.

Welcome!

Posted by: kimball ( )
Date: July 14, 2011 06:02PM

Just to get things straight, you're saying that what they say is wrong, not the fact that we worship Satan, right?

heytherejules, benvenuta al board! Il tuo ingelese e' buono. Il mio italiano e' un'altra cosa.

I think you'll find, after talking with us here, that it's easier to take the merda from the mormons. Hopefully you don't lose any good friends about it, but on the bright side you don't have a spouse, kids, or family in the church that you have to live with every day. Congratulations on finding your way out!

Date: July 14, 2011 06:07PM

Posted by: kimball ( )
Date: July 14, 2011 07:15PM

Not if they say that we worship Satan.

Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: July 14, 2011 05:58PM

come sta lei eh???
or is it ...come stai??
mille gratsi!! :)
anyway....heytherejules.... welcome to the board and there is no satan....some here call satan...stan.... and i dont believe the people here are anti-mormons.... they are pro truth!!
and your English is just fine!! :)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2011 05:59PM by bignevermo.

Posted by: Laban's Head forgot her password ( )
Date: July 14, 2011 06:01PM

You have to wonder about any religion that has to say such horrible things to keep people in line! I'm glad you are finding your way out. It is a trap and they won't want to let you go.

You do not need to give the address of your new friend to anyone in the church, so no missionaries need to bother him. Do NOT let them pressure you.

There is a way you can resign from the church. I'm sure that someone here has the links where you can get information.

My daughter served a mission in Italy about 20+ years ago, but she has been out of the mormon church for a long time. But she loved Italy and so did I.

And by the way, your English is very good.

Again, welcome.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 14, 2011 06:14PM

Of course nonmembers can be happy. I'm sure that you know plenty of happy nonmember Italians! :-)

I'm glad that you are learning the truth about the church. There's a reason that they don't want you investigating online resources. They have a lot to hide. But the real truth can withstand scrutiny, can't it?

This is a good website that discusses many of the problems with the church:

http://www.mormonthink.com/

Also explore the short topics on this website along with the listed resources. Keep reading this message board -- you'll learn a lot that the church never taught you.

You might want to consider resigning from the church. We can't guarantee that all church contact will stop, but the odds of it stopping are far better if you resign. You can even do it by email!

http://www.exmormon.org/remove.htm

Posted by: King Benjamin ( )
Date: July 14, 2011 06:19PM

How great that you have found your way in relatively so little time.

When a Mormon talks to you, just tell them you've found out the Church is not true...that you have a "testimony" of that fact (at least based on the Mormon standard of what a testimony is).

You're an angel, and I mean that in the most secular way (-:

Date: July 14, 2011 06:51PM

Thanks a lot everyone!
What I was trying to say is that I've been told that Mormonland is plenty of good people (which is true :D) but nonmembers are sinners because they don't live the gospel. More or less.
I don't think so, I don't even believe that Satan exists (anymore lol)

Can I send my resignation letter to SLCeven if I'm 20? Just tell me that I don't have to wait until I'm 21 or something because that would really suck. I'm not underage according to Italy's laws...

Date: July 14, 2011 06:52PM

You can even have Satan bless it before you send it ;)

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 14, 2011 06:55PM

heytherejules Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Can I send my resignation letter to SLCeven if I'm 20?

Yes, go right ahead. I would use the email. Send a copy to your bishop while you're at it. It will save time. He may visit you to confirm that you sent it. But even if he stalls in processing the paperwork, SLC will still do the final paperwork after a certain period of time has elapsed.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: July 14, 2011 06:53PM

Molto probabile.

Posted by: OzDoc ( )
Date: July 14, 2011 07:02PM

SI!!!!! Anche penso che possiamo interferine una pesca a traina.

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: July 14, 2011 07:07PM

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: July 14, 2011 07:09PM

Posted by: OzDoc ( )
Date: July 14, 2011 07:44PM

Cludgie,Io parlo poccino ma ho amico mio,Babelfish.

Posted by: Quoth the raven nevermo ( )
Date: July 14, 2011 07:06PM

it is wonderful that you figured it out so quickly! Did you go to church when you were a child? you can be spiritual and not belong with a church if you are still searching for something.

you don't need to apologize for your english,, it is very good!

Date: July 16, 2011 12:10PM

Quoth the raven nevermo Wrote:
> it is wonderful that you figured it out so
> quickly! Did you go to church when you were a
> child? you can be spiritual and not belong with a
> church if you are still searching for something.
>
>
> you don't need to apologize for your english,, it
> is very good!

Nope, I didn't know about the Church until I met that boy, who, by the way, broke up with me because he was still in love with his ex girlfriend. She is now serving a mission in Florence. I know that she writes to him during pdays. How cute. I wonder if she knows he's dating a nonmormon who regularly attends church meetings. Gosh, it's history repeating!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2011 12:13PM by heytherejules.

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: July 14, 2011 07:13PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2011 07:14PM by wine country girl.

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: July 14, 2011 08:36PM

Welcome and your English is very good. Yes, you were suckered in. Perhaps no one forced your ex to break up with you but he did break it up, right? That is what they do. They lure you in and then once baptized aren't so interested in you anymore. I am sorry this all happened to you.

But you seem intelligent and were able to figure this hoax out through study. They don't want you to research anything because the fraud will be discovered. They are arrogant in their thinking and they are always putting down people of other faiths. Would Jesus talk this way about people who do no harm to others? Of course not. Mormons do not wish to mingle and get along with others. They shun people all the time- their neighbors and even family members. It is them or you are evil and on the wrong path. They are not Christian.

I am glad you are with a nonmormon. Do resign so they will get off your back. They will harrass you forever. SET boundaries and tell them you no longer have any interest in their religion.BE happy you have saved yourself and many people here will help you.

Before you give up on religion just know that MOrmonism is a cult. Many other faiths are not. You are not forced to tithe, forced to attend, forced to have jobs (callings) etc. in many other faiths.

Posted by: Glo ( )
Date: July 14, 2011 10:18PM

You made a mistake. You can rectify the mistake by resigning.

Treat it like a bad Las Vegas wedding and have it annulled.LOL

After that, you can return to Roma and show up for catholic Easter and Xmas services without missing a beat.

Don't tell anyone in Italia that you once joined a cult.LOL

Date: July 16, 2011 12:13PM

Glo Wrote:
> You made a mistake. You can rectify the mistake by
> resigning.
>
> Treat it like a bad Las Vegas wedding and have
> it annulled.LOL
>
> After that, you can return to Roma and show up
> for catholic Easter and Xmas services without
> missing a beat.
>
> Don't tell anyone in Italia that you once joined a
> cult.LOL

I don't think I'll ever go back to Catholicism LOL I hated it, that was one of the reasons I've joined Mormonism. Benedict XVI and I don't get along.

Posted by: elderborracho ( )
Date: July 14, 2011 11:44PM

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: July 16, 2011 12:21PM

It's OK to change your mind. Human beings get to do that! :-)

You can life your life the way you want.

You can resign your membership if you don't want to be involved in the LDS Church.

Also, you joined You joined without full disclosure and it's not your heritage either.

This is US contact info. Might be of help.
You can use the email to resign your membership.
A short letter with your name and birth date and tell them you resign your membership.

Here is the Phone And Fax Number:
Member Records Division
801-240-2053 - Phone
801-240-1565 - Fax
1-800-453-3860 ext 22053 - Toll Free
Email:
dodgegw@ldschurch.org

To find local ward/stake use this link:

http://lds.org/maps/index.jsf

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.