Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: onendagus ( )
Date: July 15, 2011 10:47AM

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/lifestyle/52192403-80/lions-missionary-daniel-miracle.html.csp

The writer talks about his animal experiences on his mission and the contrast of the current mormon lion miracle to the Daniel in the lions den story. Like others have noted he says a really good miracle would be not getting bitten at all. Pretty funny stuff.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2011 11:09AM by onendagus.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: SoCalNevermo ( )
Date: July 15, 2011 11:23AM

Posted by: onendagus ( )
Date: July 16, 2011 11:13AM

I haven't. i take it he does regular mormon lampooning?

Posted by: nonmo ( )
Date: July 15, 2011 11:30AM

It was com pletely laughable, the interview KSL had of the parents callingh it a "miracle" and a "blessing" that their son survived.

The father claimed that the son's big biceps prevented the lions from taking his arms off.

The mother claimed that "as soon as the sister missionaries started praying, the lions stopped".

Yes...these are all faith promoting miracles stated by both the parents and by the way KSL -NEWS- presented them.

What an absolute joke..

I was somewhat reassured by my RM TBM co worker, who called this missionary an idiot for climbing on the wall in the first place.

Posted by: lulu ( )
Date: July 16, 2011 10:28AM

God own true newspaper says that it was not until they said amen, that the lion opened its mouth. So which was it, starting to pray or saying amen?

And I didn't even know god accepted that kind of prayer from females. For superduper ant-lion power, you need the penis-hood.

A real miracle would have been if god stopped the idiot elder from climbing the wall in the first place. Now he gets to go throught life missing chunks of his leg.

I guess raising the bar didn't include IQ tests.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705376124/Miracles-saved-Mormon-missionary-mauled-by-lions-father-says.html

Posted by: Michaelm ( )
Date: July 16, 2011 11:02AM

I read quiet a few different news stories about the sister missionaries praying but found very few sources about the zookeepers assisting.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43731961/ns/world_news-americas/

"Another missionary came to his aid, before zookeepers arrived and fired shots into the air."

http://www.thespectrum.com/article/20110712/NEWS01/110712006/Local-missionary-attacked-by-lions-

My suspicion is that it was the gunshots and not prayers that caused the lions to withdraw.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2011 11:06AM by Hoggle.

Posted by: SD ( )
Date: July 15, 2011 03:02PM

I heard after getting a taste of Elder Oakey-Dokey, the lion had to go eat a stink bug to get the taste of Mormon out of his mouth.

Posted by: testiphony ( )
Date: July 15, 2011 06:45PM

She mentioned that the kid's companion used a metal bar to stick into the lion's mouth to wrestle it off, and the ZL was helping too. But did she bother to praise the remarkable heroism of those young men? No, it was just miracle, miracle, miracle, god did it, god did it, Mormons are so elect and blessed. Really pissed me off actually. Perfect example of the knee-jerk dehumanization of nearly everyone just to get a little more validation that god thinks you're the best. Pathetic. Mormons suck

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.