Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: uh well ( )
Date: July 15, 2011 02:51PM

^ and that's hard to do.

if you love live sleep with someone who is always wanting to hold you, be close to you, can hardly let go of you even when they're asleep wants a leg or arm or hand hanging onto you- Without garments on its more tickling, more awakening. With garments on, its like a pat on the back wearing a T shirt.

no its not what you think- it may even be in their sleep. They can't stop wanting reaching stroking caressing- and you are the object of all their affection
and you just keep waking up, and there they are asleep.

because years andyears with garments it felt like a pat or stroke on the back wearing a t shirt, or an arm across your side or stroke on your belly same as wearing clothes. no tickles.
but without garments on- oh- sensual awareness

but with no garments on there's not boundaries there- within which as a mormon couple we negotiated (or learned with unspoken negotiation) our realationship.

wow I know it sounds hot. & I 'm not talking about summer.

But if you wonder what would make someone want to be back in garments- and they maybe not artciulating it- it is wonderful. so wonderful to be so wanted. constantly seeing statements that you were wanted in your relationship. So its hard to admit- you may not even get it. But if you find yourself wanting long johns or garments on- or feeling secure again or sleep again- gosh-

is it just me? or could it possibly be that someone, some couple who USED garments to set physical limits- ritually psychologically imposed on you & me possible-
may be needing help with first, being or getting self aware that their body and closeness, time, proximty, styles and types of touch- first can be chosen, second, can be wonderful or overwhelming with no boundary

in time or space which garments tend to create.

and second- once one is aware of that, to find out how to talk about that

and third- once one is aware, and one can talk, figure out what conscious chosen boundaries one desires or wants- and how to know (would that knowledge be gained experiencially, or is it intrisic) how would you know- what boundaries to communicate or try to articulate.

I am wonderful at bringing up awkward stuff aren't I

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Gabriella ( )
Date: July 16, 2011 01:51AM

Posted by: DebbiePA ( )
Date: July 16, 2011 02:00AM

Garments are a barrier, period. They are ugly, confining, ugly, hot, ugly, uncomfortable, and oh yeah, ugly. They constantly remind you that your life is not your own and your body is something shameful to be covered.

Of all the restrictive and controlling things that have come out of the LDS church, the Jeebus Jammies take the cake.

Posted by: Devorah ( )
Date: July 16, 2011 09:20PM

Yep, they were gross. My way around that, which I cannot claim as my own idea, was to wear super-oversized men's T g's as a sort-of nightshirt, and no bottoms due to wedgies while sleeping. It was helpful in every way (which I shudder to think of now!)
The scary part was the size range that the men's g's are available in.

Posted by: mkay ( )
Date: July 16, 2011 09:57PM

I felt so much better after taking the g's off and ditching them forever. As for the covering your nakedness part. Isn't that what our clothes do anyway?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.