Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: George Rosso ( )
Date: March 01, 2023 05:43PM

Someone in a stake on the US east coast sent this email to all the brethren in the stake including all stake leaders and bishops:

“Dear Brethren,

On behalf of myself and concerned members of the church globally, we find ourselves at a loss of how to reconcile the contradiction between being asked to account for our own honesty and integrity in Temple Recommend interviews, and having to sustain brethren who are seemingly unaccountable in matters of being honest in their dealings and finances. Common Consent is being ignored, and yet the Scriptures and Church Handbook are very clear on just how this matter can be dealt with.

"This email is also being sent to all members of the <Name Removed> Stake with an active email as it is their right to know how tithing funds are being used, and so that they may aid me in helping you hold our leaders accountable. I am also attaching a copy of the SEC Cease and Desist Letter here, so they may more fully understand the extent of the First Presidency’s fraudulent and dishonest behavior.

"I understand the likely response to this email will be an insistence that the First Presidency are blameless and the fault lies with myself. However, if this is the case, please counsel me as my priesthood leaders as to why this is so, in spite of the clear case for Church Discipline against those involved in the intentionally misleading investment behaviour which has violated and betrayed the sacred trust of church members, as outlined below.

"On 21st February 2023 it became public and global knowledge that Ensign Peak Advisors, Inc, created multiple Limited Liability Companies (LLCs) over 15 years, with the approval of the First Presidency of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The creation and operation of these LLCs caused the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to institute cease-and-desist proceedings pursuant to Section 21C of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, against Ensign Peak Advisors, Inc., and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter- day Saints..."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 01, 2023 06:09PM

If I was still a member, I would love to sign-on.

‘Sacred Funds’ my arse.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: March 01, 2023 06:17PM

Bravo!

You can bet the church has been busy preparing a canned narrative to respond to complaints like this.

She's going to be on the naughty troublemaker list in her stake for sure.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: March 01, 2023 06:20PM

But the matter is closed?

Date: March 01, 2023 06:22PM

FP sweating? Not much Good News / PR lately, ‘eh?

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: March 01, 2023 06:24PM

It's my understanding that Los Biggie Wiggies de la iglesia mormona have solemnly promised to do everything in their power to never again be caught lying da asses off, homie.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: March 01, 2023 08:11PM

So after everything else, like authoritarian thought control and gaslighting, fibbing to the SEC is where he draws the line.

Posted by: onthedownlow ( )
Date: March 01, 2023 09:42PM

But what about the infamous lightening bolt that strikes down the prophet for leading the church astray? Was that made up too?

Date: March 01, 2023 10:01PM

the Grand Poo-Bah lives protected by a high-tech elaborate grounding device that very few admit are aware of... wrapped in an invisibility cloak !!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2023 10:01PM by GNPE.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.