Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: March 06, 2023 04:55PM

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2023/03/02/former-mayor-lds-bishop-gets/

“I never understood the magnitude of his crime,” she said, “because everyone around me acted like it wasn’t a big deal and that it was me who was in the wrong for not moving on and forgiving him.”

As MORmONs are wont to do in situations like this.
The ‘See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil’ attitude of MORmONs enables more evil than anything else.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2023 11:26PM by schrodingerscat.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: March 06, 2023 04:57PM

articles for the month. I never use the articles as they never let me and give me this same message all the time. I'll have to see if I can find another article somewhere.

I love how the article I read said and I assume the one you posted that members of the church showed up to testify for him as to what a great leader and good person he was and all the good he had done in the community. HUH? I always "love" hearing that statement.

I know when Jay Toombs (who we knew in the singles ward) had MANY people show up at his trials in support of him including families of some of the children he had abused. As far as I know he is still in prison.

Oddly enough, I just looked up Jay and he plead guilty just last Wednesday to some charges he had been fighting.

https://www.hjnews.com/allaccess/jay-toombs-enters-guilty-plea-on-new-child-sex-abuse-charges/article_cfcdfd5a-b54c-11e3-a227-0019bb2963f4.html

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2023 05:08PM by cl2.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: March 06, 2023 05:13PM

The scariest part is the fact that there are members who believe that these monsters (the molesters) are the true victims and the required punishment is a travesty of justice.

The wife of a convicted sex offender- no jail time (the high councilor abused all three of his grand daughters) fought vehemently with the stake president who kept the molester excommunicated; even to his untimely death. So the wife wrote a letter to the first presidency and good old Nelson did his magic by reinstating this wrongfully accused "great man" to his former glory~ priesthood office, sealings, baptisms <puke>.

Apparently, she couldn't contain herself during a F/T and waved this FP letter while she bore the goodness of the church leaders for correcting an abuse of local church leadership- she slammed those by name for keeping her poor husband miserable until his unfortunate passing.

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: March 06, 2023 05:45PM

All too true.

From the Trib article

"One victim said she didn’t remember the abuse that occurred when she was toddler until her mother told her in 2001 — when she was 22 — what had happened. Her mother then told her to keep it a secret to protect Johnson, she testified."

Posted by: Gordon B. Stinky ( )
Date: March 06, 2023 09:33PM

How could a mother do this to her daughter?

I'd say it's unbelievable, but...

And this: "Several friends and fellow church members testified on behalf of Johnson, asking the judge to take into account a life of service to others as a good church member."

How deluded are those morgbots to believe that being a "good church member" somehow compensates for his crimes?

Fortunately, "Judge David J. Williams said any good deeds did not make up for the crimes Johnsons committed. He lamented how long the abuse was kept in the dark."

Thank goodness that the judge sees through the B.S.

Date: March 07, 2023 12:18AM

Gordon B. Stinky Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How could a mother do this to her daughter?
>
> I'd say it's unbelievable, but...

My Nazi Mormon sister has two daughters, who were raped as children, one while still in diapers, by a Mormon man, who was related to them.
When the oldest daughter came forward and spoke up about the ongoing rape, as a young adult, she told her ExMo Aunt, who reported it to CPS. She also told me. I reported it to the police. The police told me they couldn't do anything unless the victim came forward and pressed charges herself. I asked if they could just go talk to the rapist and put the fear of God in him. They said they couldn't. That it was just hearsay until the victim spoke up.
Both me and my ExMo sister tried to get her to speak up to the cops, but she was too afraid, because her own mother, my Nazi Mormon sister, told her she'd never forgive her if she ruined her Brother's wedding by bringing it up.
So she didn't.
She refused, because she didn't want to ruin her family.
Our family.
Our ExMormon Father found out about it and bought a one way plane ticket for the rapist to go live in Asia, where he was born. Nazi Mormon sister prevented that from happening, promising to move him out of state, away from the girls, (she lied) and refused to co-operate with CPS or the police and refused to allow her daughters to be interviewed by the police or CPS.
TBM sister has never forgiven me for 'turning her into CPS.' when I never even turned her into CPS.
I turned the rapist in to the cops, like any responsible, empathetic adult would have.
But he was never held accountable and went on to get married, in the Temple, and had daughters of his own.
God only knows what he's doing to his daughters.

At the same time, I was going through a crisis of faith of my own, that involved child rape, unfortunately. I grew up with a bunch of Mormon boys in school who I was in Boy Scouts with. Our scout leader was a pedophile, unbeknownst to us, but known to the Bishop who installed him. He moved to our Ward from out of state and was put to work right away by the rich Oral Surgeon in our ward. The Bishop figured he had been fixed, because he went through Mormon social services and was never held accountable. So they made him our Scout Master, knowing this. And he went on to abuse most of the kids in our scout troop over a period of 4 yrs, and was never held accountable, until he messed with the kids of a Non-Mormon, who finally reported it to the police, who did care, because the kids were encouraged to come forward, by their supportive parent.
Mormon kids are not as lucky, unfortunately.
I spoke to the attorney who sued the abusive CULT on behalf of my childhood friends, who told me he's sued the Mormon Church and the Catholic church many times, on behalf of rape victims. But he noticed a real difference between Mormons and Catholics when it came to how they treated the victims. When childhood victims of Catholic Priests come forward, their families rally around them and support them in their fight to hold their rapists, and the institution that enabled them, accountable. But when childhood victims of Mormons Priesthood holders come forward as adults, their Mormon families almost always take the side of the church and turn against their own children, for being disloyal to the church.
That's exactly how abusive CULT's work.

Posted by: Gordon B. Stinky ( )
Date: March 07, 2023 05:31PM

schrodingerscat Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> she didn't want to ruin her family.
> Our family.

Yeah, because having a creepy pedophile in the family victimizing children doesn't ruin the family. The victims TELLING people that there's a creepy pedophile in the family victimizing children ruins the family. Holding the creepy pedophile accountable for his family-ruining actions would ruin the family.

Talk about blaming the victims!

I'm sorry that your nieces have had to deal with that.

Date: March 07, 2023 08:44PM

The good news is the Nieces we stood up for love us for doing so. I care more about them than I do my Sister, who deserves to burn in hell for her continuous cruelty towards her daughters, in defense of this GD abusive CULT.
Hers is the perfect case study of how otherwise good people, enable and defend abusive CULTs.
They’re both doing great, despite the abuse they both suffered. Neither of them wants to be that poor little victim.
They don’t need anybody’s sympathy and are living great lives that make me proud to call them my nieces and friends,
Neither wants anything to do with the family creepy pedophile, or their Mother, who is a ‘Family Therapist’ for LDS Social Services. Niece says,”If my Mom is ironically, a f’ing “Family Therapist” that says a lot about the profession. How the hell did they let HER be a family therapist!?!”
Neither one of them has a relationship with their Nazi MORmON Mother, who moved out of the country, permanently, to avoid the subject of her estranged daughters.
She reads this forum, along with her Cyber Danite army of Nazi MORmONS.
Hi Sis!
She knows Every word above is the GD truth.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2023 08:49PM by schrodingerscat.

Posted by: subeamnotlogedin ( )
Date: March 06, 2023 10:50PM

A 15 year old married a 32 year old with parents consent.

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRWx5Ve5/

When will the lds church do background checks with everyone working with children and youth?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.