Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: March 11, 2023 02:52PM

I saw this on Reddit and felt it was shareable... I'm hoping that the author of the post will do a follow-up regarding the COB visitor's responses.

~Why does the church always put men above women for everything the church deems important?

~As a non-binary person, how do I fit into this church?

~My family thinks a woman should just stay at home with the children and do all the housework while the man works, but I want something more to my life than that . . .

~Why is there such a focus on having kids when 6 million women in the US can't have them?

~Why do church lessons make women out to be sinners?

~Why do we never hear about Mrs. God? I've always been told it's to protect Her, but who said She needs protecting? Does God the Father not think She's strong enough?

~Instead of feeling supported or uplifted at church, I feel pressure to be the support for others. How can I start to feel more love and support at church?

~How do you know if it's the Lord talking to you?

~Will some members not survive the second coming?

~Is dating outside the church ok if I'm still living gospel standards?

~What if I don't want to serve a mission?

~What is your favorite food?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: cuzx ( )
Date: March 11, 2023 03:25PM

I'm officially out since 2003 and I wonder how church youth today are dealing that pressure, if they don't want to go on a mission.

Cuz X

https://www.reddit.com/r/exmormon/comments/11o93vq/questions_youth_were_asking_our_visiting_authority/

Posted by: cuzx ( )
Date: March 11, 2023 03:32PM

(1) The church is so #$@!%. God bless this rising generation.

(2) Yes! My teenage daughter goes, “yea I’ll pass on the two hours of shame!”

(3) These questions never would have seen daylight two generations ago. Not even one gen ago

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 11, 2023 06:03PM

If these questions don't wake up the leadership, I don't know what will.

Posted by: blackcoatsdaughter ( )
Date: March 11, 2023 07:38PM

I saw statistics recently about how the younger generation are not waiting to have a backup or replacement job ready before quitting their current jobs. They just quit and go job hunting after.

This younger generation is so done with tolerating a bad situation or anything that cuts into their value. I have no doubt if these questions are not answered satisfactorily or things aren't changed to make the answers more satisfying, indeed, this younger generation will just up and leave rather than tolerate it a second longer.

I really admire them for talking back and challenging the attitude "life isn't fair."

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: March 11, 2023 07:58PM

That's how I feel too. I wonder why we weren't as wise as they are.

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: March 11, 2023 07:07PM

~It is so awesome to be in the presence of a General Authority. That question about your favourite food got me wondering. Have you pooped today?

Posted by: sunbeep ( )
Date: March 11, 2023 10:45PM

I suspect that the traveling authority will read the questions beforehand and then answer the questions that he thinks they should have asked instead of the actual questions they did.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: March 12, 2023 05:01AM

I will believe it when there is proof.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.