Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: March 13, 2023 01:59PM

I was reading this thread with some theist having a go at atheists by saying, "I find atheists confusing. It's like going to a restaurant and believing there's no cook in the back."

Pretty bad analogy and my first thought was no need to "believe" any thing. Not getting any food is a pretty good indication. And finding yourself on earth is not the same as going to restaurant.

But then, someone responded with this," It's like going to a restaurant and ordering food, but it doesn't come. and the waiter tells you to keep ordering because the cook will hear you and your order will come. But it's been hours and your food still hasn't shown up and the waiter tells you you're not ordering hard enough. And also sometimes the waiter is inappropriate with kids."

Good answer.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: March 13, 2023 02:04PM

That makes much better sense.

I was just looking at dresses on an ad on fb. There is one I almost tried to buy for my daughter last summer, but didn't. Then I bought from two companies on fb at Christmas and I have yet to see anything. They act like they are from the U.S. and then you find out they are from China. Sent me updates of the tracking and I took it to the post office and they said it is a scam. I wondered. They actually told me they'd send it again and also refund my money. I gave up on it about 2 months ago. So, reading this post, reminded me of that.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: March 13, 2023 02:10PM

Right. You can go into the kitchen and see if there is an actual cook.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: March 13, 2023 02:16PM

I'm sure the restaurant provides an elegant setting, so maybe meet your friends there, but either everyone brings something to share, or all go in on a fancy pizza to be delivered there?

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: March 13, 2023 02:30PM

You are such a pollyanna! Love it.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: March 13, 2023 03:07PM

If you have an empty glass, you just need rain.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: March 14, 2023 05:35AM

Or a full bladder.

Posted by: sd ( )
Date: March 14, 2023 04:34PM

you have a full bladder you can use it to fill your glass.

Posted by: Happy_Heretic ( )
Date: March 14, 2023 09:37AM

Even if there is a cook... is he magically making the ingredients appear before as he mixes, chops, and heats? It not the cook the atheist doesn't believe in. It's the magic part.

HH =)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.