Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: olaham ( )
Date: March 20, 2023 11:23AM

https://www.denver7.com/news/crime/heinous-complex-and-calculated-murder-aurora-dentist-arrested-in-wifes-poisoning-death

Fortunately not mine, I chose the non-mormon and (hopefully) non-murdery dentist a few blocks away. Article doesn't say this but the bio on the practice's website lists BYU as the his undergrad alma mater.
Heartbreaking story, now six kids without a mother and father.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: moehoward ( )
Date: March 20, 2023 11:36AM

Should be on Dateline soon. And of course the obligatory girlfriend and insurance policy.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: March 20, 2023 11:41AM

He likely thought it was better than the pain of divorce. Also, this is not good press for PIMOs.

I wonder if they’ll find out who his girlfriend is?

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: March 20, 2023 12:09PM

All bishops are dentists.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: March 20, 2023 12:33PM

Maybe the church should have a priesthood meeting talk about not killing your wife when you get entangled in financial troubles or affairs. They put so much emphasis on looking rich and sexual sin that murder sometimes seems like the best option.

Posted by: laperla not logged in ( )
Date: March 20, 2023 01:29PM

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 21, 2023 05:38PM

Unbelievable. He could have just gotten a divorce.

Date: March 21, 2023 05:46PM

He probably tried to run the numbers and somehow convinced himself, despite the tenets of his chosen religion, that murder was cheaper.

Date: March 20, 2023 06:58PM

The word on the street (Reddit) is that he's the Elders Quorum President.

This may thwart his rise to Bishop...

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: March 20, 2023 07:13PM

Didn't your career likewise stall out at EQP?

It makes one wonder. . .

Date: March 20, 2023 08:16PM

Nay, fair damsel!

I was awarded a release of all claims by a benevolent Church-of-my-youth!  I can go back anytime I want, according to the SCMC member who is in charge of file, as long as I turn in my federal tax records and a check for 10% of my total income since 1970 ...

The temptation is huge!

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: March 20, 2023 08:50PM

I'll bet.

But given your affluence, the church may agree to make you an apostle in exchange for the arrears.

Imagine that. You would be the Lamanite made good, the blossoming rose, proof that Spencer Kimball truly was a prophet.

Think of all the good you could do!

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: March 21, 2023 12:31AM

My best friend’s dad had an affair with my sister’s best friend when he was Elder’s Quorum President. It was quite the scandal.

Posted by: Hedning ( )
Date: March 21, 2023 05:03PM

When I was growing up in Zion in a smaller town, a dentist in the same office building as my dentist was caught bonking one of his assistants. I think she was underage but I do not remember entirely. He was on the Stake High Council, and when the story got around, he ran off with one of his patients.

For a while I had a dentist in California that I discovered after I had been a patient three or four years, that he was a Mormon, and we figured out he was a second cousin from one of my polygamist family branches. He had a bevy of all female assistants, hygenists and receptionist that were all super "hot" and overtly overly friendly with the good doctor. I've been a manager for research groups where after hour hanky panky was beginning to influence job performance and have had to deal with the parties with HR. This guy gave off bad hanky panky vibes like you would not believe.

Date: March 21, 2023 05:09PM

Probably useful to the second dentist that he was his own HR department...

Posted by: Clifton ( )
Date: March 21, 2023 08:33PM

...stop the hate.

Posted by: Clifton ( )
Date: March 21, 2023 08:42PM

...I accidentally inherited an entire library of dentistry medical volumes. I have never been so horrified of dental medicine and the practice in general, as a result of viewing this material. Please be aware of all complications regarding even the the most seemingly simple procedures....thank you.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.