Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Nealster ( )
Date: July 15, 2011 09:25PM

I was 17 when I joined, so had to attend the YM meetings. We had a meeting once where the SP gave a talk on dates and what and what not to do, just the regular stuff, nothing new in his talk that we hadn't heard before.

All the time during this talk, his gaze cast downward to the table in front of him, to an object that resembled a nutcracker, or a pair of pliers.

He saw a few of us looking at it, then picked it up and asked if anyone had seen this instrument before. We hadn't, so he demonstrated - placing a tiny rubber ring around four points, he opens the 'pliers' until the band is a couple of inches wide - then told us it was for castrating sheep.

Bottom line of his talk? He said it was better to be a eunuch than to be homosexual and I'm sure he offered to perform the operation if any of us had 'filthy' inclinations. I was well and truly into the church at that time but even then thought that a bit unnecessary.

I'd like to know if anyone else had this talk, or something similar. It is no surprise to me that there are so many suicides amongst gay teenaged mormons, even before all that prop 8 stuff, when talks like the one I heard are commonplace.

Glad I escaped the cult a couple of years later.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jazzskeeter ( )
Date: July 16, 2011 10:44AM

Yikes. Unbelievable!

Posted by: Rod ( )
Date: July 16, 2011 10:53AM

they "eunoched" guys for all sorts of stuff. The SP's story has roots in early mormonism. Sick ass cult. You wouldn't think civilized Americans would behave this way, but the moron's did.

Date: July 16, 2011 04:04PM

This was in the U.K though! Of all places outside of the morridor, you wouldn't expect to hear something like this taught in a church in England!

Anyone else with similar stories?

Posted by: uk lurker ( )
Date: July 16, 2011 05:32PM

I dont remember that talk, but i joined when i was 17 - in 1990.
That was in maidstone stake.

Date: July 16, 2011 05:43PM

uk lurker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I dont remember that talk, but i joined when i was
> 17 - in 1990.
> That was in maidstone stake.

The talk was 'up north' from Maidstone - Leeds, in fact.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: July 16, 2011 05:51PM

Posted by: intellectualfeminist ( )
Date: July 16, 2011 07:22PM

Absolutely disgusting! I'm with you Matt; I would have been SORELY tempted to crack that asshole's nuts for him.

Posted by: oddcouplet ( )
Date: July 16, 2011 08:40PM

I would walk away as fast as I could while bent over and keeping my knees together!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.