Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: mkay ( )
Date: July 16, 2011 02:13PM

O.k. we all know about being worthy to enter a temple and what BS it is. But here is what has got me thinking, why can't I enter a building that I helped pay for with all of that tithing money? I mean other churches let people in all of thier buildings reguardless don't they? Just thought I would see what you all thought about this.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: another guy ( )
Date: July 16, 2011 03:12PM

For the same reason that the Corp takes your money (well, 'demands' would be abetter word), and then tells you that it's none of your business what they do with it (GBH's statement notwithstanding). It's "We built this temple - using your funds - and we can do what we want with it. If you want to come inside, give us more money."

Always, follow the money...

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: July 16, 2011 04:09PM

for those who pay for the facilities.

Posted by: kimball ( )
Date: July 16, 2011 04:15PM

That would be very damaging for the church. Can you imagine what would happen to the general membership if they allowed people to see that ceremony who haven't pre-conditioned themselves to accept it all at face value no matter what?

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: July 16, 2011 04:20PM

Can't just walk up and go to through Beehive Clothing where they make the garments either.

Rituals and ceremonies traditionally only accept those that have reached some level of "worthiness" or have proved themselves in some manner.

Private, esoteric, special ceremonies have been around for centuries. Look at the Masons, for instance.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: July 16, 2011 04:23PM

Posted by: nickerickson ( )
Date: July 16, 2011 04:37PM

Think of it a a Social Club, without the alcohol or good food. If you are a TR-TBM, you are in a club that not everyone is. You get to wear funny clothes, make crazy promises, do stuff not everyone else can. You know a secret not everyone else does. Take away the "eliteness" of it, and you have just another church and there is no reason to pay tithing to get in.

Like stated above - money.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.