Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Kentish ( )
Date: April 22, 2023 04:27PM

Fans of the beautiful game might be interested to learn that Wrexham, a small Welsh club owned by Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney, won its game today and clinched automatic promotion to the English Football League. There are four divisions in the EFL, the Premier, Championship, Division 1 and Division 2. Wrexham will play in Division 2 next season. It's a hot time in the little town tonight.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 22, 2023 04:39PM

Cool! I've been watching the standings in the Premier League with interest. The game Friday between Arsenal and Southampton was wild -- Arsenal fighting for points for the championship, and Southampton fighting to not be relegated. It ended in a draw.

In the Championship league, it looks like Burnley will be back in, Sheffield probably, with Luton and Middlesbrough (both teams which are new to me,) fighting it out for third.

Date: April 22, 2023 04:48PM

Burnley with their Mormon ownership make a habit of going up and down. I think they like the 80 million or so teams get from the Premier League when they go up. The promotion/regation element is one of the reasons why so many spurn the MSL as a real league. No consequences for failure.

I did watch the Arsenal game and I think the tie just cost them the champion's title. They play Manchester City next week and I will be surprised if they take that game. MC will be in the driver's seat

Date: April 22, 2023 04:55PM

>> I did watch the Arsenal game and I think the tie just cost them the champion's title.

Possibly, but I'm rooting for them, if for no other reason than I'd like to see a team other than City take it for a change.

I'm currently frustrated with Tottenham (my favorite team) sitting in fifth place, just outside of a Champions League placement for next year. Their game against Newcastle tomorrow is critical.

Date: April 22, 2023 05:16PM

Manchester City, no matter I would take any team over them, are in a class by themselves, They have a chance to win the treble. Championship, FA Cup, European Champion's League. I wouldn't bet against them. Spurs will be fortunate to make top four.

Date: April 22, 2023 07:00PM

>> Spurs will be fortunate to make top four.

No argument there. Newcastle is on a roll. Any other year I would feel glad for them.

Date: April 23, 2023 09:11AM

I'm watching Newcastle vs. Tottenham right now. This is painful. It's like Tottenham forgot to bring their defense. They've looked disorganized at times during the season, but it was still top 4-6 disorganized. This is beyond that. They've come from behind before, but they've rapidly dug themselves a hole that will be difficult to climb up from.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: April 23, 2023 09:35AM

Thanks to Ted Lasso, I now know what being relegated means, and have heard of Premier League. Who says television is a vast wasteland. :)

Date: April 23, 2023 09:45AM

Relegation goes a long way towards making the games more interesting, especially towards the end of the season. You have desperation on both ends of the table. The top few teams are duking it out for the PL championship, the top six or so are fighting to have the right to play in the European Championship League, and the bottom six or so are fighting to stay in the PL. That's why Friday's game between Arsenal (#1) and Southampton (#20) was so interesting. Both teams wanted very much to win for different reasons.

Ted Lasso is such a funny series! I only saw the first five or six shows at my brother's house, but it is so spot on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2023 09:46AM by summer.

Date: April 24, 2023 03:20PM

With five or six shows you have seen all. The premise wears a bit thin after those. That said, Tottenham felt the wrath of neuvau riche Newecastle on Saturday. Today they fired their interim manager filling in for their previously fired manager. The one doing the firing should have included himself because he is likely the main source the problem.

Clarification: Top four teams qualify for the Champion's League while the next two qualify for the Europa League.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.