Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: jf ( )
Date: July 17, 2011 10:25AM

Another reason TSCC doesn't like divorces is because they don't want you to know how truly fucked up the sealings get. I was sealed, then divorced and re-married (not in the temple). Still sealed to the ex-wife, of course, because I', not allowed to get that cancelled. We have a new baby - and he is sealed to my wife and her ex-husband because he is BIC from the previous sealing. And according to the Handbook, sealings between children and parents cannot be changed, so even if I were to get sealed to my wife I will never be sealed to my son. And why would my wife want to be sealed to me anyway, knowing that puts her into a polygamous relationship for eternity.

When I speak with TBMs about it, I get two standard answers:
1- The sealing is necessary to secure certain blessings, so it's ok that your son is sealed to another father.
2- Don't worry, the Lord will work everything out in the next life.

To which I say:
1- That's not what we taught on our missions. We told people that if they wanted to be with their families in eternity, we have the answer. So sealings are marketed as keeping families together, not just securing blessings.
2- If the Lord is going to clean up the mess and work it all out, why do we expend so much time getting all these ordinances done in the first place?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2011 01:34PM by Susan I/S.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: July 17, 2011 10:43AM

is necessary for getting your own planet, but what is the point of being sealed to other family besides seeing them around?

I'm guessing no one mentions what they are.

Posted by: toolong ( )
Date: July 17, 2011 11:40AM

I can relate-- my wife was previously sealed and then widowed. My kids are sealed to her and her previous husband. This is actually the reason I started questioning the church and now on my way out. It was depressing to constantly see all the families are together rhetoric when my family was sealed to someone else. I completely agree that they should go ahead and let people be sealed so they have some peace of mind. They always said God would sort everything out anyway..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2011 01:34PM by Susan I/S.

Posted by: beeblequix ( )
Date: July 17, 2011 11:43AM

Sounds like that "eternal chain" we marketed turns out to be more like a hodgepodge series of knots, loops, kinks, cuts, splices. Why would the character masquerading as the Mormon 'god' participate in such a chaotic program? Hey maybe that's what our post-mortal-lives are supposed to be about -- correcting all the poorly executed ordinances we did down here on *Urff* (Earth).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2011 01:35PM by Susan I/S.

Posted by: nickerickson ( )
Date: July 17, 2011 11:56AM

That one reason alone is what got my wife walking after we went to the temple. They wouldn't let us be sealed to her daughter from her first marriage because dad said, "f--k no".

And yes, the old, don't worry, she will be yours because you two are sealed to each other and "as long as you and her live within the covenants you will be together for eternity".

Yeah, there is always a catch so what happens to all these fractured families, people divorcing, leaving the church, etc...? What is that, oh yeah, "god will work it out and if you are worthy of those blessings you will still receive the same."

So, you can get a new wife you never knew on this earth and new kids that you never raised and you WILL be happy.

What utter BULLSHIT!!!

And that got me walking when I went to the temple by myself and had to play Adam with another Eve (both of us there without our spouses) and I realized she was nice, but damn it, I didn't want a new wife and kids in the CK and that is when I realized it was all bullshit. Every bit of the church was bullshit. Absolutely nothing to do with families at all. Tear one apart here in a moment and ready to do the same after we die.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2011 01:35PM by Susan I/S.

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: July 17, 2011 12:38PM

Why not let people get themselves sealed to the person/children they WANT to be sealed to in this life? And God can "let" them be with the person they want in the next?

It IS messed up now. And they seem to overlook the fact that kids grow up and they aren't going to want to live with Mom and Dad for all eternity.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.