Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: lousyleper ( )
Date: November 28, 2023 07:24PM

Went to therapist appointment and met with her over the web, since that's the way they do things with first visits.

Anyway, the appointment went OK.

I've been feeling angry all day, so I took my backup meds. I am just resting in my room in the dark. I'm tired. Maybe I just need rest.

Next appointment in a week.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: November 28, 2023 08:07PM

than when I went in. I've been in therapy a long time with the same therapist. He is great. He is exmo.

He saved my life many times. He told me last time I was in to see him--I went to see him over should I feel guilty if I rehome a dog I adopted 2-1/2 months ago. He's a lot of work. I've tried not to go as much since I went on Medicare. He told me from the person I met when you first came to me some like 26 years ago, he said I never thought I'd see what would become of your lives--my "husband" and I--we aren't divorced. I didn't have the energy to divorce him, especially emotional, while I raised our kids by myself.

But it was grueling. Almost more than I could handle. I decided not to divorce after I went to a session and my therapist told me to decide if I ws going to divorce him or not--and just to make a decision and I could change mind later. So I was sitting here at the table and he dropped by and by how he was acting--I knew I didn't have the strength to go through a divorce and all that goes with it and I decided not to.

I have come a long, long way from that day. It is worth going to therapy, but it is WORK. You can't be perfect and you can't fix everything all at once. Wish I could. My kids are grateful that I've made things as they are. He and I are friends and we share the same house. We don't argue for the most part. He has become a dad to his kids who turned 38 last week.

It isn't going to be easy and allow yourself to take the time you need to heal.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.