Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Owzla ( )
Date: February 23, 2024 08:02PM

https://www.hrw.org/report/2012/01/15/they-hunt-us-down-fun/discrimination-and-police-violence-against-transgender-women

They hunt us down for fun. They don’t want me to dress like a woman so I don’t. I wear a dishdasha (traditional Kuwaiti male garment) now. I cut my hair short. After all that I was still arrested, beaten, and raped for having a smooth, feminine face. What can I do about my face?
–Amani, 24, Kuwait City, February 8, 2011

Issue official cards for transgender individuals identifying them as such that prevent arrest by the police.

The committee raised much controversy, particularly during the 2008 term when the Islamists comprised a majority of the parliament. While its proponents claim that the committee’s mandate is to uphold traditional Kuwaiti values, others see it as a precursor to a Saudi-style Committee to Promote Virtue and Prevent Vice, an authorized law enforcement agency tasked with upholding public morality. Critics accuse the Kuwaiti committee of attempting to impinge on constitutionally guaranteed freedoms, citing its record of trying to impose strict controls on private parties and gatherings, challenging the legal definition of “privacy” in order to further regulate people’s personal lives and conduct, opposing TV shows and concerts that they consider immoral.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: February 23, 2024 10:18PM

I say to you, having been raised mormon and now not practicing mormonism, or any other religion: how dare bad things happen to good people!!

Know that as a faithful member of Recovery from Mormonism, I shall not rest until I'm sleepy!

Posted by: foreigner ( )
Date: February 25, 2024 04:07AM

I'm guessing this thread has no traction because it's not about 'Murica.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: February 25, 2024 07:06AM

Who's going to stop them, Saddam Hussein?

Is the rejection of Western values a bad thing or a good thing?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.