Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: sunbeep ( )
Date: February 27, 2024 04:41PM

Since I’m pretty sure that you won’t do it, I have taken the liberty to submit your mission papers to church headquarters for you. I just have one question though.

Line F asks if there is a destination preference. So, if you have somewhere you’d like to go, please let me know what to type on Line F. Otherwise you could land almost anywhere that the old men choose to send you.

You could ask for Madrid, Rome, Barcelona, or anywhere that you have always wanted to visit. If you choose Salt Lake City, you might happen to see an apostle or two in the wild.

Don’t worry about who is going to pay for it. You are! Isn’t that marvelous!?

I have already checked the box for the full two years plus extension.

Don’t put this off for too long, let me know where you’d like to go.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2024 05:19PM by sunbeep.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: February 27, 2024 04:50PM

I wrote in "Scotland" but the lord knew what was best...

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: February 27, 2024 04:52PM

I would have guessed Ireland, Señor O'Doris.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: February 27, 2024 05:00PM

I feel inspired that I need to be sent to Tonopah Nevada because we need to find 3 members to be called as a branch presidency so Nelson can build his temple there.

Posted by: sunbeep ( )
Date: February 27, 2024 05:22PM

I think I've been there before.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2024 05:43PM by sunbeep.

Posted by: Silence is Golden ( )
Date: February 27, 2024 05:29PM

I was looking towards Europe and suggested in my papers as such:

I instead went state side that included and still does the three lowest populated states in the nation, and learned to not stand to close to the door slamming or it would hit you in the face.

Whilst others in the family and friends went to: Sweden, Japan, Argentina, Nova Scotia, Alaska, Peru, England, Norway, and Canada.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: February 27, 2024 06:03PM

How many missionaries are 'called' each year?

I think they have a separate file for the 'influencers' and the children & g.children of the upper-level GAs; ("B" list comes down the line after the "A"s are allocated)

after allocating those, they make spitballs with names of applicants-candidates & throw them at a world map. Really.

Posted by: Hedning ( )
Date: February 27, 2024 06:28PM

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: February 27, 2024 06:33PM

How was Norway? My last boyfriend (years ago,) took regular business trips to Norway, and I was fascinated by his tales.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2024 03:26AM by summer.

Posted by: Hedning ( )
Date: February 27, 2024 09:45PM

I loved the country, the people and the culture. It's one of the most beautiful places on earth. I was there for a winter that was supposedly the worst in 100 years. We tracted day and night in arctic conditions; Norwegians had no interest in Mormonism having been exposed to missionairies since 1851. Both of my mission presidents were @ssholes, and we lived in squalid apartments due to how expensive it is to live there. Norwegian is a pretty useless language to learn since only about 4 million people speak it, and most of them today speak better english than I do. I can understand Swedish, Danish, and learned a bit of Icelandish and have visited all of the countries and have made friends there, so that part was worthwhile. I taught three people who joined the church, I feel bad about that, and all the people I disturbed knocking on their doors, and all the old ladies I tried to talk into giving up their coffeee culture in the dead of winter. I want to go back and visit a few more times before I get too old, but maybe I have waited too long.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: February 27, 2024 06:32PM

What if they hooked you up to some electronic shizz that would let them know what pleased you and what made you feel icky and then showed you photos of different countries/cultures while measuring your reaction...

And then sent you to the place that your electronic shizz measurements showed you liked the least?

In thinking this over, I'm pretty sure that the Orem South Mission would have been my destination.

Posted by: Silence is Golden ( )
Date: February 27, 2024 06:51PM

Boise Idaho!!!!

One of the best scenes ever in "Singles Ward"

Posted by: Mormon Adjacent Lurker ( )
Date: February 27, 2024 07:44PM

Kolob

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: February 28, 2024 01:15AM

I wanted to go to Japan. I was sent to the South Bronx.

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: February 28, 2024 02:00AM

I want to go to the Moon Mission and teach the Quaker moonmen!

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: February 28, 2024 05:19PM

Back in those days I was all TBM I'll go where you want me to go.

Now its more like "Heck no I won't go!"

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.