Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: March 04, 2024 02:25AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: March 04, 2024 10:02AM

Mormon meeting houses and new temples are the Motel 6 of church buildings.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: March 04, 2024 12:43PM

I would say Harold B Lee was the Ray Croc of religion. He started the church corelation program that grew into a monster and standardized everything in the church.

Brigham Young was more of a commune cult leader. He wanted to bring everything to him and control it. Corelation was we will build the church all over the world and make it all the same.

Posted by: Honest TB[long] ( )
Date: March 04, 2024 08:19PM

I suspect you are being critical of the sacred Correlation program. May I remind you that when I gained a super strong testimony of the Cheerios when I was in Nursery that this beloved program was there to help mold me into the thinker I've become today. It's as natural as breathing. My hears hear something from the Brethren in that sacred monotone voice and immediately my brain goes into hyperdrive to obey, obey, and obey. It's a wondrous wiring of our brains that makes us such a peculiar people. Here I was a young child and a bit immature & those Cheerios gott me hooked. Then the Correlation program bombarded me with messaging all my life to help wash my brain by immersion to be such a wondrous thinker. When I finally arrived to the super mature age of 8 they got me to make a life long contract with the Church and it's been obedience & endurance ever since. I'd share more with you but you'll have to attend our Ward's next F&T if you want to hear that long monologue and see how non-delusional this most wondrous Correlation program has made me & all the rest of us who think exactly this way.

I would question why some of you don't think the same way. However, the Correlation program hasn't taught us that question. There is only one true question to think about. What can I do to be more obedient and keep my mind and heart totally focused on being exactly obedient without questioning to the local overlords, the Holy Nelson, and the rest of the GAs. Any other questions comes with too much risk of having Doubts and I got to steer clear of Doubts because those come from the Big Bad Boogie Man.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: March 04, 2024 09:22PM

Correlation started well before HB Lee got his hands on it in the late 1960s, as chair of the General Priesthood Committee. Lee's impact came at a time when D O McKay was going senile, which may be how Lee was able to consolidate so much power. Most of Lee's impact came before he was President of the LDS Church. I think he can reasonably be called the father of the modern LDS Correlation Program.

He was church president for a scant 18 months in 1972-3

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Priesthood_Correlation_Program

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: March 05, 2024 12:36AM

Because religion is a croc.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.