Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: March 10, 2024 11:34AM

I saw a meme last night reminding people to set their clocks ahead so that they wouldn’t be late to church today.

I’m happy to say that I haven’t been late to church in many years-no matter how my clocks are set. I can’t be late if I never go. ;)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: March 10, 2024 11:38AM

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 10, 2024 11:43AM

I don't know how people do it. I work hard during the week, and my weekends are for resting and catching up with chores and errands. I always look forward to sleeping in on Saturdays and Sundays.

I also have to wonder if people don't get bored with it. A church-going colleague of mine would say that she "needed her weekly message." But doesn't that get repetitive after a while? It's like never graduating from high school. At what point do you say, thank you, I've had enough?

Posted by: sbg ( )
Date: March 10, 2024 04:38PM

I go for weddings and funerals and occasionally on Christmas Eve. Mostly because I love the candlelight service. Since that starts at 10:30pm it’s hard to be late.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: March 11, 2024 06:40AM

My mom thought she could travel 12 miles in 10 minutes on winding back roads. She received several speeding tickets over the years. She used to proudly tell the CHP (California Highway Patrol) that we were on our way to church. And the officer would reply- No Ma'am. You're either on your way to jail or you're going to the morgue if you don't slow down.

One time, the ward had had enough with our lateness. A clock was left in our car with a note that read "Be on time!!!"

I was part of that annoying family who was coming through chapel doors during the sacrament song making a bee line for that one open spot on the back pew. Usually, my mom was stepping on people's feet with her high heel boots while exclaiming "Pardon me, coming through!"

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.