Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: March 20, 2024 02:01AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: March 20, 2024 11:09AM

There have been reports of a more than minor problem with the Equinox!

Perhaps the most common complaint in the Equinox is excessive oil consumption.  In fact, some people report that Equinox uses nearly a quart of oil per 1,000 miles.

So don't be fooled by Anybody's attempt to hide an ugly fact!!

https://www.copilotsearch.com/posts/chevy-equinox-engine-problems/#:~:text=One%20of%20the%20most%20common,of%20oil%20per%201%2C000%20miles.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: March 21, 2024 12:54PM

I can't help it that the Equinox has a very crappy engine. G.M. seems to be doing that a lot.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: March 21, 2024 10:06AM

The equinoxes are nominally on the 21st of the month, but they commonly occur a day early or later than that. Every once in a while, an equinox is off by two days. This was one of those years.

A calendar puzzle, if you have some time to kill:

There are 12 keys in a chromatic scale. 5 black keys and 7 white keys on a piano.

There are 12 months in a year, 5 that are shorter, and 7 that are full length (31 days).

Is it possible to match a note up with January so that the consecutive white and black notes of the scale match up with the longer and shorter months of the calendar?

And if the answer is yes, what key is the calendar in? (That is, what note matches up with January)?

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: March 21, 2024 10:47AM

Ooooh. Fun.

I don't remember much about determining what key exactly, but doing the knuckle test (touching knuckles to remember which months are long and short) makes me think that B and C, the two white notes together on the keyboard, would account for there being a correlation. So, using the knuckles, July and August might be the two white notes without a black key between them? That's probably as far as I'm going to get.

(I'm not going to look it up to see if I am on track to ruin the fun.)

Date: March 21, 2024 10:59AM

B maj, according to my careful count on the garage band piano, and then my anonymous (VPN) inquiry with Google...

Date: March 21, 2024 01:46PM

Nope. C would be the next note, which is a white key, but February is a short month, equivalent to a black (or short) key.

Date: March 21, 2024 02:19PM

How much of life is made up of situations wherein being right or wrong is ultimately meaningless?

Date: March 21, 2024 05:04PM

Besides golf?

Date: March 21, 2024 06:15PM

What do golf and tithing have in common?

Date: March 21, 2024 06:46PM

So, Jan. would be F? Is that correct? I guessed wrong thinking it was C.
I don't remember enough from my old piano lesson days to see how that relates to what key the calendar is in though.

Date: March 21, 2024 08:59PM

Bingo - F it is.

It is technically not in any key, since all 12 notes are used the same amount, which is why I defined what I meant by "key" - what note lines up with January.

No deeper meaning, just pure coincidence that the chromatic scale and longer/shorter months can be aligned.

Date: March 21, 2024 09:33PM

That was a fun coincidence I hadn't heard of before!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.