Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: invinoveritas ( )
Date: March 22, 2024 10:17PM

fCould millions of Mormons possibly be wrong? My hypothesis to you is YES---they could be wrong, every single one of them.

How many flies are in the world, and look at what they eat. No Sir, I’m not buying a single morsel of it—Gold Plates, Prophecy, Polygamy, and all.

If you were born in India you are probably Hindu, born in America probably Christian, born in Pakistan probably Muslim, and if born in Utah there is a very good chance you are a Mormon.

How convenient for all these folks to have been born in the country/culture with the True God!

TBMs on the whole are probably good folks, not too different from the rest of humanity, but they sure are arrogant.

Restored Gospel, the most correct book on the planet, the one and only True Church, prophet, seer, and revelator---really. Really!

Be very, very, careful of your world view, reality may not be what you think!

I don’t know much, and understand even less—and have no clue why people believe what they do---but I did read the BOM, and I’m pretty sure that most folk’s shouldn’t be eating anything that came from the back end of a Horse.(Of course there were no horses in the New World during that time frame, but let’s not complicate this discussion with anything such as facts.)

Just food for thought.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: March 23, 2024 10:45AM

Very, very, very, very tricky!!

I almost fell for it and defended the church of my youth.  Now THAT was a church that one could be proud of!!

When I was a missionary for that church, but knew that it wasn't "true" it didn't really bother me when people joined it, because I considered it a step up from not being mormon.

Now I'm just a simple mormon atheist, but note which one I listed first...

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.