Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: March 27, 2024 04:41PM

Fundies freaked out over "The Last Temptation Of Christ."

This is like throwing magnesium in water or cesium in fluorine.

Get the popcorn ready.

########

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2024/mar/27/martin-scorsese-fox-news-docuseries-saints

The Oscar-winning film-maker Martin Scorsese is teaming up with Fox News for a new docuseries.

The director, who recently scored his 16th Oscar nomination for Killers of the Flower Moon, is set to host and produce a series for the conservative channel’s streaming service Fox Nation.

Martin Scorsese Presents: The Saints will look at the life of a different saint each episode including Joan of Arc, John the Baptist and Mary Magdalene.

“I’ve lived with the stories of the saints for most of my life, thinking about their words and actions, imagining the worlds they inhabited, the choices they faced, the examples they set,” Scorsese said in a statement.

“These are stories of eight very different men and women, each of them living through vastly different periods of history and struggling to follow the way of love revealed to them and to us by Jesus’ words in the gospels. I’m so excited that this project is underway, and that I’m working with so many trusted and talented collaborators.”

########

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: March 27, 2024 04:49PM

It's Fox. I don't expect to see anything really negative about religion in general. We'll see.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: March 27, 2024 11:20PM

Godfellas

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.