Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: April 11, 2024 08:22AM

I've never heard this one before, enjoy :)

##########

https://www.christianpost.com/news/jim-staley-claims-solar-eclipse-will-release-sixth-seal.html

Passion for Truth ministry leader Pastor Jim Staley, who pleaded guilty to defrauding elderly victims of millions of dollars in an investment scam in 2015, says he believes Monday’s total solar eclipse is a warning from God to America and is connected to the release of the sixth seal of the book of Revelation in the Bible.

“Americans have deep spiritual beliefs that total solar eclipses are either very bad omens and or bring a time of transition and rebirth. Throughout the Bible we see solar and lunar eclipses connected to events that surround major turning points on the timeline of mankind with most having to do with the end of time,” Staley said in a recent YouTube video that has already garnered nearly 4 million views.

In 2015, elderly victims and their relatives lashed out at Staley, as he was sentenced to seven years in federal prison and forced to pay $3.3 million in restitution to the investors he defrauded in an investment scam.

Staley pleaded guilty in April 2015 to four counts of fraud and confessed that he cheated others in the investment scam, from which he made $570,000.

The pastor's elderly victims, some of whom were slipping into dementia when he preyed on them, said they trusted him because he professed his Christian faith and family values, only to discover that he's a "disgusting and sickening criminal."

##########

Mormon scammers are in on it too...

##########

https://bookofmormonevidence.org/2017-2024-solar-eclipses/#Anticipating_the_Aug_2024_Eclipse_Center_of_the_Land_X_marks_the_spot

Anticipating the Aug 2024 Eclipse!
Center of the Land. X marks the spot?
Notice that the eclipse of 2024 will be going directly over Kirtland, Ohio and the Hill Cumorah. The eclipse of 2017 went right over Adam-Ondi-Ahman and Independence, Missouri. These are probably not just coincidences.

In year 16-18 AD, Lachoneus gathered all the people to the center of the land. 3 Nep 3:21-24. We believe the center of the land to be at the southern tip of Illinois. There is perfect protection with the Mississippi River on the west and the Ohio River or the Wabash River on the East. In the tip of Illinois is an escarpment and remains of old fortifications and walls all the way across. The article below talks all about those stone walls and fortifications of southern Illinois.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: April 11, 2024 08:44AM

"Americans have deep spiritual beliefs that total solar eclipses are either very bad omens and or bring a time of transition and rebirth."

Deep beliefs prove nothing.

Posted by: kentish ( )
Date: April 12, 2024 11:09AM

Beliefs so deeply rooted that you have to troll the intertnet to find those who espouse them.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: April 11, 2024 11:15AM

That Mormon guy does run at the mouth/keyboard. Jeez. He claims to have an associate degree in general education from Ricks College. I’ve never heard of a degree in general education. I wonder how that works.

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: April 11, 2024 04:27PM

There is no eclipse in August of 2024.

Even his map shows the eclipse labeled April 2024.

So much for his "scholarship"

For BoJ:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bachelor_of_General_Studies

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 11, 2024 04:50PM

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: April 11, 2024 05:23PM

Now that sounds like a BYU degree

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: April 12, 2024 06:10AM

Marriage is hard enough. Throw Mormonism into the mix and it's no wonder your local ward looks like crazytown.

What about Brigham Young's legacy? There should be a class on polygamy like "How to marry and live with 56 wives".

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 13, 2024 12:12PM

[|] Wrote:
-----------------------------------
> Now that sounds like a BYU degree

I was there when a favored major was Child Development & Family Relations.

CD&FR majors were the original BYU "Mrs" degree-chasers.

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: April 13, 2024 11:57AM

There's an eclipse in the southern hemisphere in October of this year.

https://heavens-above.com/SolarEclipses.aspx?lat=47.0264&lng=-122.8072&loc=Lacey&alt=0&tz=PST

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: April 13, 2024 01:45PM

I stocked up in anticipation of the Eclipse. My freezer is full of meat and frozen vegetables, I bought gold bars at Costco (such a deal!), extra ammo, and my basement shelves are jammed with toilet paper.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: April 13, 2024 03:12PM

Pinnipeds are aghast !

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: April 14, 2024 01:47AM

During the Apocalypse, the very rich will retreat to their bunkers for safety. That's when we drop the snakes down their ventilation shafts.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.