Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: April 17, 2024 05:37AM

These guys have outdone Joseph Smith, the original American carnival barker of circus sideshow religion.

##########

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/pregnant-alien-specimen-peru-maussan-b2529673.html

The bizarre saga of supposed alien mummies showcased to top Mexican lawmakers last year has taken another turn as a press conference was interrupted by officials as they tried to seize a new ‘pregnant specimen.’

Mexican journalist and ufologist Jaime Maussan hit the headlines last September alongside his two “non-human” corpses that he claimed were 1000 years old and recovered from Peru.

The ufologist presented the strange-looking bodies to Mexico’s Congress and claimed they were “not part of our terrestrial evolution.” He was later ridiculed when scientists stated that there was no substantial evidence that the corpses were real or extraterrestrial.

However, Mr Maussan has not given up on his quest to spotlight the mummified aliens, and this time in a wild development, he presented a new ‘pregnant specimen’ at a press conference.

The specimen, named ‘Monserrat,’ was “in the process of gestation with a body of fetal and tridactyl characteristics within it,” Mr Maussan wrote on X on 4 April, according to translation.

##########

Mormon Mummies

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eyewitness_accounts_associated_with_the_Joseph_Smith_Papyri

From there we called on Joseph's mother, ... Madame Smith's residence is a log house very near her son's. She opened the door and received us cordially. She is a motherly kind of woman of about sixty years. She receives a little pittance by exhibiting The Mummies to strangers. When we asked to see them, she lit a candle and conducted us up a short, narrow stairway to a low, dark room under the roof. On one side were standing half a dozen mummies, to one she introduced us, King Onitus and his royal household, -one she did not know. Then she took up what seemed to be a club and wrapped in a dark cloth, and said "This is the leg of Pharaoh's daughter, the one that saved Moses." Repressing a smile, I looked from the mummies to the old lady, but could detect nothing but earnestness and sincerity on her countenance. Then she turned to a long table, set her candle-stick down, and opened a long roll of manuscript, saying it was "the writing of Abraham and Isaac, written in Hebrew and Sanscrit," and she read several minutes from it as if it were English. It sounded very much like passages from the Old Testament-and it might have been for anything we knew-but she said she read it through the inspiration of her son Joseph, in whom she seemed to have perfect confidence. Then she interpreted to us hieroglyphics from another roll. One was Mother Eve being tempted by a serpent, who-the serpent I mean-was standing on the tip of his tail, which with his two legs formed a tripod, and had his head in Eve's ear. I said, "But serpents don't have legs."

"They did before the fall," she asserted with perfect confidence.

The judge slipped a coin in her hand which she received smilingly, with a pleasant, "Come again," as we bade her goodby.[22]

19 Feb 1843 Charlotte Haven Letter Published first in 1890

##########

"And now come with me," said the prophet, "and I will show you the curiosities." So saying, he led the way to a lower room, where sat a venerable and respectable-looking lady. "This is my mother, gentlemen. The curiosities we shall see belong to her. They were purchased with her own money, at a cost of six thousand dollars;" and then with deep feeling, were added the words, "And that woman was turned out upon the prairie in the dead of night by a mob." There were some pine presses fixed against the wall of the room. These receptacles Smith opened and disclosed four human bodies, shrunken and black with age. "These are mummies," said the exhibitor. "I want you to look at that little runt of a fellow over there. He was a great man in his day. Why, that was Pharaoh Necho, King of Egypt!" Some parchments inscribed with hieroglyphics were then offered us. They were preserved under glass and handled with great respect. "That is the handwriting of Abraham, the Father of the Faithful," said the prophet. "This is the autograph of Moses, and these lines were written by his brother Aaron. Here we have the earliest account of the Creation, from which Moses composed the First Book of Genesis." The parchment last referred to showed a rude drawing of a man and woman, and a serpent walking upon a pair of legs. I ventured to doubt the propriety of providing the reptile in question with this unusual means of locomotion. "Why, that's as plain as a pikestaff," was the rejoinder. "Before the Fall snakes always went about on legs, just like chickens. They were deprived of them, in punishment for their agency in the ruin of man." We were further assured that the prophet was the only mortal who could translate these mysterious writings, and that his power was given by direct inspiration. ... "Gentlemen," said the bourgeois Mohammed, as he closed the cabinets, "those who see these curiosities generally pay my mother a quarter of a dollar.[23][24]

25 Apr 1844 Josiah Quincy Jr. Book Published first in 1883.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2024 05:44AM by anybody.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: April 17, 2024 08:04AM

I would watch GC for that.

Posted by: Dallin Ox ( )
Date: April 17, 2024 02:21PM

"the writing of Abraham and Isaac, written in Hebrew and Sanscrit"

Yes, because Sanskrit was a wildly popular writing system in Palestine in 2000 BCE, even though it wouldn't be developed on the Indian subcontinent for another 500 years.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: April 17, 2024 02:41PM

Dallin Ox Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes, because Sanskrit was a wildly popular writing
> system in Palestine in 2000 BCE, even though it
> wouldn't be developed on the Indian subcontinent
> for another 500 years.

Details, details.

But seriously, it sure helps to have a bit of knowledge about this and that in order to know what's up. If people would do more research about stuff they would be less inclined to join Brother Love's Travelling Salvation Show in a NY hurry. (I now know. The longer it takes to figure that out the more likely one is to be fooled by any carnival barker they encounter).

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: April 17, 2024 03:15PM

"I didn't do it!"

--The Most Interesting Man in the World

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: April 17, 2024 06:30PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.