Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BoydKKK ( )
Date: April 17, 2024 07:27AM

http://www.thechurchofjesuschrist.org

Go ahead, take a look.

MFMC is working hard to steal their name. They are the legal owners of the name.

MFMC has no shame, none at all.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: April 17, 2024 10:05AM

No shame but lots of attorneys and tons of money.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: April 17, 2024 10:54AM

Russ kind of looks like the Grinch.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 17, 2024 11:56AM

That was weird!!

How are the mormons getting away with 'borrowing' their legal name?

Even more weird, or as Gladys says, weirdier:

"What are the scriptures that the Church uses?

"The Church of Jesus Christ accepts the Bible (King James Version) and The Book of Mormon as divinely inspired holy scriptures.

"If you believe in The Book of Mormon, doesn't that make you a Mormon?

"This is one of the most frequently asked questions about the Church. If someone believes in the Old Testament, that does not automatically make that person a Jew.  Similarly, if someone believes in the Bible, that does not mean that person is Catholic, Baptist, or Pentacostal.  The Church of Jesus Christ has no affiliation or connection with Mormonism.  Many aspects of Mormon doctrine are not supported by The Book of Mormon, nor are they part of our beliefs.

"The Book of Mormon is a record of Jesus Christ in the land of North, Central, and South America.  Its scriptures go hand in hand with the Bible, as Christ set up His Church the same in Palestine as He did in the Americas."

https://thechurchofjesuschrist.org/who-we-are/faqs/ (scroll down three topics to the Book of Mormon heading...

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: April 17, 2024 12:34PM

The address threw me off:

World Operations Center
110 Walton Tea Room Road
Greensburg, PA 15601

They are cutting out the middleman. It's like a hoe breaking away from her pimp. The pimp is not going to be happy.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: April 17, 2024 01:08PM

Considering the spiritual import of denominational scriptures, the CS "Quarterly" which publishes the weekly "lesson-sermons." These consist of six paired groups of selections, from the KJV Bible (first) and then Science & Health (second). These should be read by the members daily, then on Sunday they go to their local branch church and hear them read to them by readers.

This, from the CS "Quarterly" (each one has 3 months of weekly readings):

"The canonical writings, together with the word of our textbook, corroborating and explaining the Bible texts in their spiritual import and application to all ages, past, present, and future, constitute a sermon undivorced from truth, uncontaminated and unfettered by human hypotheses, and divinely authorized."

Note: My mother was on the very secret committee which selected and organized the readings. She kept it very secret, lest my hostile opinions on CS create spiritual dissonance in her spiritual life. My favorite "lesson-sermon" topic (they go in rotation, a series of 26, each one twice a year): "Ancient and Modern Necromancy, Alias Hypnotism, Mesmerism, Denounced." I grew up reading this stuff!

Posted by: tensolator ( )
Date: April 17, 2024 12:52PM

This cannot be correct. I see beards and an African American gentleman.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 17, 2024 12:58PM

Perhaps it would have been more appropriate for Brigham Young to have reached Deseret and established: The Church of Joseph Smith.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.