Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: wondering ( )
Date: April 25, 2024 08:21PM

Mike Pinder has passed on. Someone tell Dave

Great music that reminds me of great days. He will be sorely missed. But more great music in the after death realm.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: stillanon ( )
Date: April 25, 2024 08:33PM

Hopefully, they'll make him a knight and bury him in a White Satin coffin. What a talent with everlasting gifts of music.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: May 01, 2024 12:09AM

He reached the end.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: April 25, 2024 08:42PM

"He was the last surviving of the group's original five members"

God wanted the band back together

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: April 26, 2024 09:58PM

Massive MB fan here....thier music has been the soundtrack of my life for 60 years. RIP Mike...

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 28, 2024 02:04AM

I saw the Moody Blues in Germany, 1979. It was a great show. They finished with "Ride My See Saw."

Posted by: botchan ( )
Date: April 28, 2024 09:03AM

I’m taken back to my junior high school’s gym and school dances. When the first strains of Nights in White Satin played the gym floor became crowded with young couples, who were soon convinced by the flute solo that they (we) were in passionate love.

All these years later it still has an effect on me.

Date: April 30, 2024 12:59AM

My best friend and I waited intently for each new MB album to come out and we'd crack open a few beers and let the music wash over us at high volume.

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: April 30, 2024 01:18AM

How did you like “Gemini Dream”?

Date: April 30, 2024 05:06PM

Wasn't my favorite album.

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: April 30, 2024 05:15PM

:)

That was the first time I knowingly heard them. It was on continuous radio repeat with (Don Henley’s?) Dirty Laundry. I think that was the summer I turned 15.

Around that time I started reading Stephen King, and he’d included lyrics to Don’t Fear the Reaper in maybe Salem’s Lot?

Anyway, I finally got a real introduction to prog rock from a friend when I was about 16, and I was like, “THIS IS IT!”

Posted by: anonynon ( )
Date: April 30, 2024 07:22PM

Wow, Denny Laine just died a few months ago, too.

I love the Moody Blues. Question is one of my all time favorite songs!

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 30, 2024 07:30PM

My favorite MB song is the one where he's looking for that girl who owes him a lot of money!!

Posted by: blindguy ( )
Date: April 30, 2024 11:40PM

The Moody Blues put out some great music between 1968 and 1973. Songs such as "Question,", "The Story in Your Eyes,", "Isn't Life Strange,", "I'm Just a Singer (in a Rock 'n' Roll Band),", and "Tuesday Afternoon (Forever Afternoon)," rank up with some of the most classic rock songs produced during this period.

My favorite Moody Blues song, though it comes from this period, remains a (relatively) obscure single--it never reached the Billboard hot 100.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8u1zH11yqFQ

However, "Never Comes the Day," did very well in Los Angeles (where I was living at the time), San Francisco and Honolulu circa June 1969. I love its lyrics as they hint at the idea that we shouldn't always be taking our fellow human beings for granted. RIP both Mike Pinder and (though he was not in the Moody Blues during this period) Denny laine.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.