Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: April 29, 2024 08:21AM

If something is hard on you, remember to take hold of the rod. If you endure to the end, blessings will flow.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: April 29, 2024 08:29AM

Sounds like you may have just had a stroke. I'd advise going to an ER ASAP.

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: April 29, 2024 08:33AM

Stroke? Yes, that’s what I do when holding the rod. ;)

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: April 29, 2024 10:29AM

That's what the church through Rusty is now teaching with asterisk/footnotes in his GC talks. That you can be obedient, follow Christ, pay your tithing and nothing good will result.

Far from perfect, I had been serving a mission for a year, was making a conscientious effort to follow every mission rule, yea even the dumb ones like eating cracked wheat.

And what yielded? Lost my grandmother and my family pet, the dog. I made the choice not to return home (isn't that what the church wanted?) and my parents accepted callings as ward missionaries (which my dad loathed to no end).

And what blessings came?

The zone leader assaulted my missionary companion because he was ill and we taught zero discussions that week. The missionary department wasn't paid and I ate 25 cent Ramen noodles for the entire month. I was told by the financial clerk of my mission directed me to beg for emergency money (bishop, ward clerk and parents). My mom told me to lump it because she didn't have it. She sent the church a rubber check.

Really was a terrible time in my life holding to the rod, the iron rod.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: April 29, 2024 10:54AM

Toxic guilt is there to take your power. Obedience is all about giving your power away to the church. You give, they take.

It sounds like they took a lot of you.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 29, 2024 11:15AM

Blessings will rain down upon you, and probably any other loved one within close proximity. :)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.