Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: lousyleper ( )
Date: May 08, 2024 02:27PM

I got a new therapist last week, and he looks like the ultimate modern hippie! lol

We will be working on routine, and how to fit my schooling in better. I am on Chapter 3 of 16 in Sociology. Things are going good. I look forward to working with my therapist.

I filled him full of info about who I was, and all that.

He knew I was schizophrenic, and is helping me keep on top of my meds. Routine. He told me that I need to focus on it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: May 08, 2024 02:44PM

Well done!

Routine is a struggle (I have Bipolar type 2 disorder), but we can do this! And just because it’s a routine doesn’t mean it has to be boring.

Your posts help me remember how important certain things are to my mental and overall health. I’ve been having a lot of trouble “protecting my sleep”. But I haven’t given up! I’m glad to see that you haven’t either.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2024 02:45PM by Beth.

Date: May 08, 2024 08:20PM

I think struggle is the hard part of a routine, because it seems that we don't want to do the routine, no matter what we do. It's just something that needs to be done, or we kind of fall into an abyss of sorts. We become disorganized.

I need to work on school focus, and completion. My therapist would like me to focus on things that will help me sleep and wake up at an appropriate time. Like from 9pm to 7am. But I love my sleep. But it's not good, sleeping days away at a time.

Start small. That's all I can suggest. Set a time for bed, make yourself comfortable, and try to sleep. That's all he suggested.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: May 08, 2024 05:30PM

I'm glad that things are going well for you. Routines can be a good thing. We all thrive on certain routines.

Date: May 08, 2024 08:22PM

I'll have to figure out what I can with these routines, because when I make them, they are awfully rigid.

I'll have to talk to him more next week. Just to get things situated. My therapist's thing is routine falls first. Everything else comes later.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: May 08, 2024 08:58PM

That's good news. Keep at it. I hope this new therapist is a good match, motivating, lots of help, and encouraging.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.