Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Heathjh ( )
Date: July 25, 2011 01:36PM

Poor little girl. She was so confused. I asked the lady if homosexuals were allowed in their church. Had a whole conversation about if homosexuality is a choice. I asked the lady about hermaphadites. And why could god make a person a hermaphadite and not homosexual? That poor little girl was so confused. I told the lady I thought it was horrible she had her granddaughter out there doing that. Maybe she will think secondly about using a child as a shield.

I always wish I had said other things after they leave. In the beginning I had talked about religions and the horrible things people have done in the name of religion. She strongly agreed with me. In the end, I should have said something about her church's shunning of homosexuals is no different than someone else doing something bad in the name of religion.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: michael ( )
Date: July 25, 2011 01:45PM

You've given me a wonderful idea the next time the JW's show up at my door, which they rarely do. As far as your feeling bad for the little girl, I can empathize with you on that.

Posted by: jonesy ( )
Date: July 25, 2011 01:58PM

Just call them "Russellites" and see what happens (For those who don't understand, Charles Taze Russell started what became "The Jehovah's Witness" movement). He, like Joe Smith before him, told many prophecies that never happened. In my opinion, they are the most unhappy people I have ever met.

Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: July 25, 2011 02:02PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raymond_Franz

I read/have his book "Crisis of Conscience." Good read, and I'd bet there are a lot of social and institutional similarities between the ivory towers in Salt Lake and Brooklyn.

Posted by: Heathjh ( )
Date: July 25, 2011 02:16PM

They said the Mormon missionaries don't teach about the bible. I corrected her. Then she said well they fall back on the BOM when the bible contradicts the BOM.

The little girl shook her head when I told them they were just like the Mormon missionaries. And she kinda said "no were not". The little girl looked all offended that I was even saying that. The brainwashing runs deep.

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: July 25, 2011 02:46PM

J-Dubs maintain that Jehova and Jesus are separate beings, while kolobians maintain that Jehova and Jesus are one and the same. So whenever we saw J-Dubs on the street and we had time to kill (all the time) we would do the J-Dub Shuffle.

J-Dub Shuffle:

The Judge

"For Jehova God is our judge, Jehova God is our lawgiver, Jehova God is our king; he will save us." - Isaiah 33:22

"For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son" - Matthew 5:22

If ALL judgement is commited unto the son, and Jehova is our judge, then Jehova and Jesus must be one and the same.

The Savior

"I, even I, am Jehova God; and beside me there is no saviour." - Isaiah 43:11

"For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord." - Luke 2:11

If there is no saviour besides Jehova, and the baby Jesus was the saviour, then Jehova and Jesus must be one and the same.

There are more examples, but this is sufficient to prove the point. Of course, now I understand that my argument was tantamount to arguing whether Ganon and Ganondorf were the same enemies of Link in the Legend of Zelda series.

Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: July 25, 2011 02:18PM

I like the JW's. They don't have a chip on their shoulders. I always take an Awake and a Watchtower to see if it has a picture of a family, under a tree, having a picnic, with a lamb and a lion and the lion's arm is around the lamb.

But that's just me.

Ron

Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: July 25, 2011 09:14PM

you could quickly tell when a JW resided in one. Those pictures were all over. So true re the scene you depicted.

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: July 25, 2011 02:30PM

They always bring a little kid. Sometimes I think it is teens that are out there to push Mormonism and preschool to age 12 that push JW's.

Posted by: Sutekh ( )
Date: July 25, 2011 08:57PM

Let me get this "straight...." The only way I can keep the Jehovah's Witnesses away from my door is to become a homosexual? Why is it open season on adulterers, apostates, thieves, murderers, rapists, and pedophiles, but not homosexuals? Do the JW's think that homosexuals don't need to be converted?

Sutekh

Posted by: deb ( )
Date: July 25, 2011 09:23PM

Being from the deep south, where baptists, methodists, etc are extremely prominant, I've never experienced an encounter w/a JW. I was 49 before ever hearing from mormon missionaries. maybe, they've decided they needed to be more south, who knows.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.