Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: onendagus ( )
Date: July 27, 2011 03:02PM

No wonder I have a questioning heart. Thank you Fawn! I've never heard your name discussed in family settings (hmm I wonder why?) but I found your book anyway and loved it! What a true pioneer.

Too bad I never got to meet her or thank her in person.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Pil-Latté ( )
Date: July 27, 2011 03:52PM

Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: July 27, 2011 03:54PM

Onendagus Brodie! I've heard of you! :)

Ron

Posted by: Phantom Shadow ( )
Date: July 27, 2011 04:57PM

One of the regrets of my life is that I didn't go talk to her when I was an undergraduate at UCLA. Was still active, but on my way out. She'll be remembered long after what's 's name (her uncle) is forgotten.

Posted by: Texas girl ( )
Date: July 27, 2011 08:25PM

I suppose you and I are possibly related? My connection is on Fawn's mom's side. I found this out a couple of years ago, and was so excited about it. Funny thing is, no one in my family EVER uttered a word about her being a relative. I think it was a forbidden subject.

Crazy polygamy...my grandmother's dad and Fawn's mother were half siblings - my grandmother's dad was from wife #1 and Fawn's mom was from wife #2. So, I that would make my grandmother and Fawn half-cousins.

Fawn was named after her mother - Fawn McKay. I have a watercolor painting done by her - she was very talented. She gave it to my g'mother as a wedding gift. I always loved painting, but had no clue of the Brodie connection until recently.

Posted by: onendagus ( )
Date: July 28, 2011 04:33PM

That is the funny part--I never heard one peep about Fawn but bragging about the mormon royalty relatives was a seemingly endless activity at family events.

And yes we are related. My grandmother is from wife number#1 too and is a sibling of your grandmother's dad.

I'm not too good at figuring out relationship terms but according to wikipedia, you and i would be 2cnd cousins once removed. Your Great, Great Grandfather is the same as my Great Grandfather. That person is also Fawns grandfather.

Posted by: Texas girl ( )
Date: July 27, 2011 08:29PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.